Current Players Tweeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd have been better off just saying they still can't... How in the world can they be that tone deaf? How??? It's not enough to keep them from earning money off their name but you have to be able to suppress their 1st amendment rights and then edit it? Are we in China all of a sudden or what?
No idea, man.

I'll be the first to admit that I was always in favor of the twitter ban before because I saw it as a way to prevent players (regardless of race) from making dumb statements they'd regret. But I've changed my view on that now with everything coming out.

Doing what they're doing now is worse than having the ban in place because now rather than saying no one can say anything, they're saying you can talk, but you can only say what we want you to say.

Can you imagine tonight or tomorrow night when the national media get a hold of this LOL. Talk about trying to solve a problem with a much bigger one.

I think you all are being melodramatic. Unless, something really bad comes to light - as in actual crimes were committed, KF isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

At this point, it's just a big case of he said/she said. Only words. No actual rules were broken even if the incidents were unethical by most people's standards.

Again, I am not by any means saying there is no problem and nothing needs to be done. Clearly some changes are necessary.

As far as the one Tweet per month resriction goes, how was this information obtained? Why is Scott the only one reporting this? It sounds ridiculous and would be difficult to enforce if it's true.

You understand this an establishment of higher learning, correct? You understand abusing 18-21 year old young men is wrong, correct?

And when multiple voices are sharing their stories of abuse it becomes more than just a he said/she said. If it was just one player, I would say sour grapes by them. But when a dozen or more have come forward, it seems like a large issue. This a game played for free, by young men, run by a staff of millionaires. Do you not see how this is mirroring our country?

How in the world can you just let something like that slide? This post is exactly why this country is where it is today. Nobody sees anything too bad. So let the power structure that created the problems stay in power to fix the problems they created.

Please...I know he has to run a program and it's a complex undertaking, but give me a break. The health and wellbeing of his players is paramount. Whether they can tweet isn't harming anyone. It's likely keeping more 18 and 19 years olds from getting in trouble with questionable tweets.

At the end of the day, the issues need to be addressed from a racial standpoint...it needs to be fair and everyone needs to feel the bonding that takes place between brothers. The coaches need to foster that...not divide it.

Kirk Ferentz is a good man and he'll get it right.

Keep hearing that. A good man does this prior to being forced to do it.

He is a man... Who is good? What is the definition.

Remember when many of us called James Daniels a sourpuss for not mentioning his alma mater in NFL lineup introductions?

Or said it was much ado about nothing?[/QUO

If he felt so strongly about this he wouldn’t have given all these coaches a rave review going on the door when he declared.

The arguement that not letting them tweet is done to silence players from calling out injustice doesn't hold water. How could the coaching staff possibly be afraid of player backlash while in the program if not a single player has ever complained after leaving?

Hallelujah to that I suppose. One less thing... I thought we'd been taken over by China all of a sudden. At least Lebron woulda been ok with it.

KF isn't going to be there this fall to get anything right. He's stepping on his own foot already.

How much do you want to bet? I'll bet you whatever you have that Kirk Ferentz is the coach at Iowa on September 1st.

Are there issues...yes. Does he need to take action...yes. The ridiculing of a player for his intelligence is the final nail in a coffin for someone...but almost every player on that team supports KF...and so do the parents. He also gets the support of the Alumni, Faculty, former players, coaches, and Iowa fans. He's not going anywhere.

He will do the right thing. But you trash and burn people keep going...it obviously amuses you.

I have two questions.

1. What allegations have been specified with regard to Brian Ferentz?

2. I am sure I will think of a second one.

I have two questions.

1. What allegations have been specified with regard to Brian Ferentz?

2. I am sure I will think of a second one.
He made a dad joke about a ski mask is the only one I've seen about specifics. He has been called out for non specifics tho too.

How much do you want to bet? I'll bet you whatever you have that Kirk Ferentz is the coach at Iowa on September 1st.

Are there issues...yes. Does he need to take action...yes. The ridiculing of a player for his intelligence is the final nail in a coffin for someone...but almost every player on that team supports KF...and so do the parents. He also gets the support of the Alumni, Faculty, former players, coaches, and Iowa fans. He's not going anywhere.

He will do the right thing. But you trash and burn people keep going...it obviously amuses you.
Be mad all you want, but if you'd read this post you'll see I've said multiple times that I don't know who's guilty of what because I'm not part of the football program.

But what we as homer fans think and see isn't reality. This program is (like any other in 2020) going to be put in front of the court of public opinion, and if KF continues to try and be vague and (arguably) defensive of Doyle he will go down.

Again, I don't know what KF or anyone else did or didn't do, but you and a couple others here are starting to sound a lot like the jokers I met in PA a few years ago who were blinded by a cult of personality into thinking their demigod couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Those people would literally believe the sky was purple if Joe Paterno told them so, and to this day they deny everything. Not with evidence...but because their idyllic version of Penn State football worships at the feet of Paterno and they can't bear life without him being perfect. It's scary, really. These people were worse than 5 year olds being told Santa Claus isn't real. It was like Branch Davidian-level cultishness and there are lots of folks who look at KF the same way.

You know of KF what you see on TV, and in news interviews, and radio spots. Maybe you've chatted with the guy at a fundraiser or something. Every view of Ferentz you've had was one in which maintaining face of his football team was priority number one. Of course you're going to get good vibes of a perfect leader.

But you've never once been behind closed doors with him, or in a practice, or in an office as a player. So don't say the guy is incapable of doing anything wrong when some people who've spent a lot of time with him have said he might have.

Last edited:
He made a dad joke about a ski mask is the only one I've seen about specifics. He has been called out for non specifics tho too.

Thanks. I did tease my contact at my bank about what would happen if I came in and asked for $$ with my Covid mask on...she laughed.

I really need to see more specifics. KF did reference, I think, some issues he talked to BF about that needed correction. So I don’t want to imply that there is nothing there. With all the tweets, I don’t recall seeing more details, while there was much more on Doyle.

Be mad all you want, but if you'd read this post you'll see I've said multiple times that I don't know who's guilty of what because I'm not part of the football program.

But what we as homer fans think and see isn't reality. This program is (like any other in 2020) going to be put in front of the court of public opinion, and if KF continues to try and be vague and (arguably) defensive of Doyle he will go down.

Again, I don't know what KF or anyone else did or didn't do, but you and a couple others here are starting to sound a lot like the jokers I met in PA a few years ago who were blinded by a cult of personality into thinking their demigod couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Those people would literally believe the sky was purple if Joe Paterno told them so, and to this day they deny everything. Not with evidence...but because their idyllic version of Penn State football worships at the feet of Paterno and they can't bear life without him being perfect. It's scary, really. These people were worse than 5 year olds being told Santa Claus isn't real. It was like Branch Davidian-level cultishness and there are lots of folks who look at KF the same way.

You know of KF what you see on TV, and in news interviews, and radio spots. Maybe you've chatted with the guy at a fundraiser or something. Every view of Ferentz you've had was one in which maintaining face of his football team was priority number one. Of course you're going to get good vibes of a perfect leader.

But you've never once been behind closed doors with him, or in a practice, or in an office as a player. So don't say the guy is incapable of doing anything wrong when some people who've spent a lot of time with him have said he might have.

So...basically...you talk out of both sides of your mouth. KF is gone...he won't be coaching. Well, I've said I don't know who's guilty of what because I'm not part of the program. So how can you say he's gone then? Why say it?

I'm not pretending KF is a saint. I watched him become defensive after the 2012 season...couldn't handle criticism...wasn't open to dialogue about game decisions...then...guess what...he took a step back and came back a different guy. He's more reflective...but what he does is take responsibility. He's not out there blaming the Chinese, other coaches, a political party, or former employees. What's he saying right now. I OWN IT and I'll fix it.

I'm going on record that if KF found out someone on his staff was taking showers with kids in the locker room after hours and having them over to his house...guess what...KF is listening and KF ain't having any of that. In 21 years...there would be signs of cheating, signs of bending rules...you see none of that. Should he have known or had an environment where people can speak up?...or have a voice...yes. Maybe he thought the leadership groups would filter this up to the top...or maybe he didn't give them the right directive. He'll listen and learn.

So...basically...you talk out of both sides of your mouth. KF is gone...he won't be coaching. Well, I've said I don't know who's guilty of what because I'm not part of the program. So how can you say he's gone then? Why say it?

I'm not pretending KF is a saint. I watched him become defensive after the 2012 season...couldn't handle criticism...wasn't open to dialogue about game decisions...then...guess what...he took a step back and came back a different guy. He's more reflective...but what he does is take responsibility. He's not out there blaming the Chinese, other coaches, a political party, or former employees. What's he saying right now. I OWN IT and I'll fix it.

I'm going on record that if KF found out someone on his staff was taking showers with kids in the locker room after hours and having them over to his house...guess what...KF is listening and KF ain't having any of that. In 21 years...there would be signs of cheating, signs of bending rules...you see none of that. Should he have known or had an environment where people can speak up?...or have a voice...yes. Maybe he thought the leadership groups would filter this up to the top...or maybe he didn't give them the right directive. He'll listen and learn.
He's not saying he's gone because he's guilty. He's saying he's gone because in today's world, it doesn't matter if you're guilty or not.

I'm going on record that if KF found out someone on his staff was taking showers with kids in the locker room after hours and having them over to his house...guess what...KF is listening and KF ain't having any of that. In 21 years...there would be signs of cheating, signs of bending rules...you see none of that
LOL You just word for word, carbon copy parroted every Joe Paterno cult member’s sentiment.

Like I said, I don’t know how culpable Kirk Ferentz is but you just proved that you’re so star struck and enamored with his cult of personality that you can’t even begin to entertain the possibility that he’s anything but an immaculate saint.

You’ve literally never spent three seconds with the guy but you’ll contradict people who have spent a whole lot of time with him outside public view :D That’s just the richest thing ever.

He's not saying he's gone because he's guilty. He's saying he's gone because in today's world, it doesn't matter if you're guilty or not.
THIS.

But I’m also not saying he’s for sure innocent. I’m saying I don’t know. To suggest there’s no possibility of him doing anything wrong o er the years is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.