Current Basketball roster?

Jridder10

With all these walk ons i cant keep track of our roster can anyone tell me what the current roster looks like?

Devon Archie PF
Melsahn Basabe F
Andrew Brommer PF
Bryce Cartwright PG
Jarryd Cole PF
Khirey Floyd PG
Matt Gatens SG
Devyn Marble G
Eric May SG
Zach McCabe F
Cully Payne PG
Jordan Stoermer G
Darius Stokes F
Branden Stubbs PG

Devon Archie PF
Melsahn Basabe F
Andrew Brommer PF
Bryce Cartwright PG
Jarryd Cole PF
Khirey Floyd PG
Matt Gatens SG
Devyn Marble G
Eric May SG
Zach McCabe F
Cully Payne PG
Jordan Stoermer G
Darius Stokes F
Branden Stubbs PG

So, is Murphy in or out or yet to be decided?

Not to get ahead of myself but to uphold my reputation as Captain Negative this roster still frightens me to death nearly completely devoid of pure basketball talent...I see alot of guys'
whos best skill is still going to be passing around the perimeter and jacking up bad 3's...

Here's an article on Murphy from the Daily Iowan. Sounds like he still has a shot at receiving an offer. Man I hope so.

Murphy stands out in Prime Time league - The Daily Iowan

I think Andre Murphy should be added. Sounds like an immediate fan favorite, and even if he does not get on the floor, he can be great in practice as the team prepares for quick guards like Lew Jackson,Korey Luscious,Kalin Lucas, ect.

Bring him in,Fran!!

He never arrived in Iowa did he?

From all accounts, the reason why McCarty decided not to walk-on at Iowa was because...

1. There were questions of whether or not he was going to be academically eligible
2. He was unhappy when Cartwright was added to the roster. Apparently he was under the impression Iowa wouldn't go after another guard after he accepted the offer.

Last edited:
So who all left after Fran came?

One player that I can think of...Fuller.

Brust, Larson, and McCarty were never here. And Cougs would have flunked out no matter who was coaching. Also, don't forget to tip your hat to FM for being able to keep Brommer on this team. He and Fuller were very tight and I truly thought Andrew was as good as gone once Fuller decided to leave.

Last edited:
Not to get ahead of myself but to uphold my reputation as Captain Negative this roster still frightens me to death nearly completely devoid of pure basketball talent...I see alot of guys'
whos best skill is still going to be passing around the perimeter and jacking up bad 3's...
cliche

You obvioulsy have not been watching the PTL updates.

Basabe- is a beast inside and can face up and take his guy to the hole
Marble- good handles and can beat the guy on the dribble and go to the hole or pull up
Gatens- lighter and focused on taking the ball to the hole
May- has been attacking the rim
McCabe- good handles who can penetrate and kick or shoot from outside

Give the coaching staff and players some credit for making some changes. Obvioulsy not where we need to be but making improvements

cliche

Marble- good handles and can beat the guy on the dribble and go to the hole or pull up

Give the coaching staff and players some credit for making some changes. Obvioulsy not where we need to be but making improvements

I do look at the updates just do not put any weight to them...its like using a DMACC gpa to predict how well you will do once you get to a real school...

cliche

Honestly, how much different is the PTL than the CCL? I don't know anything about the PTL, but I do think the CCL is a joke and I can't believe there is much of a difference at all.

The reason I ask is because Bubu Palo looks like Jason Kidd in the CCL.

Doesn't mean ****.

Honestly, how much different is the PTL than the CCL? I don't know anything about the PTL, but I do think the CCL is a joke and I can't believe there is much of a difference at all.

The reason I ask is because Bubu Palo looks like Jason Kidd in the CCL.

Doesn't mean ****.

Agree. These summer leagues mean nothing. No defense is played and the competition is D3 level. Anyone counting on Basabe or anyone else being good next year based off the summer league results will likely be disappointed.

But after all we went through the last three years, being disappointed is something we are used to. At least our excitement for Hawks BB has been renewed, regardless of wins this season.......And maybe we can score more than 47 pts a game :)

Latest posts