Culver to lend a fat hand

LOL, OMG that was the funniest thing I have read all day, thanks for the laugh, you think ISU is bad, if Iowa was in this situation we would be hearing about it!!!LOL

Iowa isn't in ISU's situation. Iowa is right where it's been for over 100 years, in the Big Ten. And ISU is on the outside and being overlooked for a reason. Yet another clown escaping reality by ignoring the facts.

Why get worked up about what Culver says or does. He will just embarrass himself, which he seems to be good at. With him on your side who needs enemies?

imported_ankle23, I'm an ISU grad student who went to Iowa for undergrad. Most Ames cyclone fans are pretty reasonable people. It seems, like in politics, the extremes give the moderates a bad name.

Seriously??
I try not to just hate everything ISU, but then I read stupid stuff like this and it makes it very difficult.

+1
Maybe ISU should get to a major bowl game or at least sell out a stadium on a consistent basis, besides when Iowa or Nebraska come to town. Heck, even win a conference championship of some sort and maybe they'd be considered.
However, there is no tradition at ISU, even your football coach Paul Rhodes was "quoted" saying that when he was hired. Guessing that might not have been the best thing to say now, huh?
So now ISU4LYF, get some facts, and stop calling Iowa the fat girl. Your ignorance (along with the other Clone homers) is the main reason why Barta will not even attempt to get ISU into the Big Ten, no matter what the courts try to tell them to do.
Have fun on your camping trips to the Mountain West Conference!

Last edited:
+1
Maybe ISU should get to a major bowl game or at least sell out a stadium on a consistent basis, besides when Iowa or Nebraska come to town. Heck, even win a conference championship of some sort and maybe they'd be considered.
However, there is no tradition at ISU, even your football coach Paul Rhodes was "quoted" saying that when he was hired. Guessing that might not have been the best thing to say now, huh?
So now ISU4LYF, get some facts, and stop calling Iowa the fat girl. Your ignorance (along with the other Clone homers) is the main reason why Barta will not even attempt to get ISU into the Big Ten, no matter what the courts try to tell them to do.
Have fun on your camping trips to the Mountain West Conference!

Sad part is ISU has played and won more bowl games than ND since the early 90's, did you read the CR Gazette the other day? ISU has as many conference titles as Iowa since 1985, Iowa's are shared titles in football, ISU's are in basketball.

You're not banned yet? Why does Iowa have to "bring" anything to a conference that they're all ready in? Iowa isn't going anywhere, so they can probably just leave their stuff where it is.

Not true. We need to rearrange things to make room for our new Wrestling National Championship trophy :)

Sad part is ISU has played and won more bowl games than ND since the early 90's, did you read the CR Gazette the other day? ISU has as many conference titles as Iowa since 1985, Iowa's are shared titles in football, ISU's are in basketball.

Yes ISU4LYF, I read the article. However, the basketball titles were almost 10 years ago. Out of sight, out of mind..?
Also, since the state has told both ISU and UNI that state funds will no longer be available and budget cuts to athletic programs need to be made, the Big 10 will not allow any team into the conference with the chance of programs being cut.
The $ that Iowa's athletic department makes (1 of 7 self-funded institutions in the country the past 5 years I believe - Jon knows that stat for sure as I cannot find the article at the moment) compared to ISU's is not even close. It is almost triple the amount of ISU's and that is with Carver being at about 40% capacity. The ceiling for the revenue that Iowa will hit has not yet been reached since the inception of the Big Ten Network and the networks added revenue.
The Big 10 gains nothing with the addition of ISU, no matter how many "friends" in the Big 10 ISU may supposedly have. TV viewership is very important and the Big Ten Network already has this state.
Again, it's not a good thing that Big 12 is breaking up, but for the longest time the Big 10 was looked down at by ISU fan's and now they want in.
Sorry.

Am I worried, a little, but I believe Jamie Pollard is working his *** off, now if Gary Barta was our AD, I would not be online right now, I would be at the bar, yes crying my eyes out over 15 Jager bombs. And that sir is the truth and I am sure you would rather have Pollard leading this charge over Barta.
Are you talking about this clown
GetAttachment.aspx

Now go feed your inferiority complex with some Cyclown cereal
GetAttachment.aspx

This thread needs to go the rivalry forum. Culver can "advocate" for ISU for the Big Ten, but don't call Gary Barta. Call Jim Delaney he is the guy with the power. I'm sure Jim would say Governor who? It takes 8 yes votes to be invited as a member. So even if Iowa voted no for all potential members it won't matter. Think about this, if Nebraska and Missouri are already in the fold it is too late to advocate.

I hope the doofus isn't so dumb to threaten to pull Iowa out of the Big Ten and create an even bigger mess. On second thought he is that dumb.

Am I worried, a little, but I believe Jamie Pollard is working his *** off, now if Gary Barta was our AD, I would not be online right now, I would be at the bar, yes crying my eyes out over 15 Jager bombs. And that sir is the truth and I am sure you would rather have Pollard leading this charge over Barta.

"a little" LIar liar pants on fire!!!!! Jamie pollard is working his A$$ off! You bet he is, updating that resume.

I find great satisfaction in your anguish. Fortunately for "real" cyclone fans I feel a bit sorry...but then again I think about you...who I hope cries for a year when it all collapses. No make that Two years. Take up fishing pal...your gotta have somthing to do in the fall. Cause there is no way I want you a hawk fan when you don't have anywhere else to turn.

Last edited:

UNIGUY4CY,

I have a question. DO you wear a helmet and live in a group home....

Yes or No?

I guess I can ask this question as well...Even if you live in a group home and wear a helmet....did you attend Iowa State?

Just another example of Culver's missplaced priorities. Why worry about such things as companies closing and leaving our state, high unemployment, and an increasing short fall on our budget.

Thank goodness for our state he'll be soon be gone.

Am i not understanding the question? You said ISU has as many conference titles as Iowa? Including both football and bball iowa has had 6 total championships 2 in bball and 4 in football. ISU has had 2 confernce reg season wins and 2 confrence tourney wins. So how is that the same as Iowa?

I say if Culver were that stupid to EVER threaten to pull us out of Big Ten...I would be campaigning for people to either not vote or vote against him...and I REALLY dislike Terry (he screwed up once...why give a second try???)

Much ado about nothing. Showing support to an college institution regardless of how plausible or practical of them making the B10 is nothing more than a political move. He could cure cancer and everyone would be up in arms about putting hospitals out of business. I'm not a Culver backer by any means, but the comments on here are comical.

Latest posts