Crush the Bucknuts turn them into dirty snowballs Game Thread...

We’ll see how this team responds but right now, I’m not a believer. We’re decent, maybe sweet 16 caliber; but like many have said, right now, I wouldn’t say Iowa is a threat to make a deep run at anything
I really, really wish this was not true. It sucks, but not unsurprising based on history. Sweet 16 would still be a memorable season in historical terms for Iowa. Not the best, but we would remember the season.

They just lack that extra something to be extra special. I think it all goes back to Fran's inability to recruit quality guards that can do it all.

I am fine with the Pollyanna label. Thanks. I translate it as being able to recognize the reality of a very competitive conference with incredibly good teams, where games often come down to a few crucial plays.
It would be nice to beat one of these incredibly good teams. I think Purdue is our best win this year? Hot damn! We're cooking!

His defense wasn’t the problem, all I’m saying. He played great. Iowa’s problem is a lot more than Jordan’s defense
Maybe and I respect you posting because you see the positive, but I‘m seeing no defense at the point stopping the entry pass or drive. It just can’t be that easy to run offense in the Big. JBo can’t play defense on ball like some players on our bench can. Getting JBo some rest in the game, even for a few minutes should have happened.

Fran said in retrospect he should have played the bench more...JFC, I mean he couldn’t see that from his seat?
Guys were barely running up the court, after a quick turnaround, i thought the deep bench was our strength. I watched Illinois get outplayed all night by Indiana but with the game on the line played championship defense and pull out the win, laughing as they did so. They have the goods. Iowa has hungry players sitting on the bench way to much.

If I was coach I would be trying to play my bench developing them for the tourney and at the same time keeping my starters fresh for the end of the season.
There’s some of that and there’s just some over all lapses by way to many players. Guys not playing up to their abilities and making plays when we need them. This is a Q1 loss, but it’s a win you’d expect a Q1 team to win, at home, regardless of the situation. I give this team as much rope as anyone, but we really needed to win that game.

Hard to win when Ohio State shoots out of their fucking mind. What a fucking absurd display of shooting. So fucking stupid that teams never have bad shooting nights against us. Looking like one and done in the tournament at this point. What an absolutely soul crushing loss.

Guys were barely running up the court, after a quick turnaround, i thought the deep bench was our strength. I watched Illinois get outplayed all night by Indiana but with the game on the line played championship defense and pull out the win, laughing as they did so. They have the goods. Iowa has hungry players sitting on the bench way to much.
absolutely!! Also we forgot how to call time outs. Why not stop OSU momentum and get a chance to run a set play when OSu was cutting into the lead?

I am fine with the Pollyanna label. Thanks. I translate it as being able to recognize the reality of a very competitive conference with incredibly good teams, where games often come down to a few crucial plays.
The frustration from some posters stems from the fact that we are starting to lose close games again.

Even against incredibly good teams, you have to make those crucial plays now and then. Iowa isn't right now, and its cost them four games.

The other issue is a rinse and repeat of previous losses. Garza, who has played below par for three weeks, keeps saying in pressers that they will learn and move on.

They're not, and now Keegan is struggling.

Hard to win when Ohio State shoots out of their fucking mind. What a fucking absurd display of shooting. So fucking stupid that teams never have bad shooting nights against us. Looking like one and done in the tournament at this point. What an absolutely soul crushing loss.

This might have something to do with our defense. Do you wonder why this is always the case? It's not a coincidence.

I had to miss this game but how in the hell does Patrick play 13 minutes and JT only 7? Perkins no time?? These guys should hit that portal.

Excuse me Huck, don't tell me to shut up. Get a grip man. And, I'm not sure where you going with "we don't play anybody."

2 good teams yes. But, if we want to go where we want to go.....we can't drop games at home. Iowa is slipping. Garza's head down going into the locker room says it all. It has to be real frustrating.
Message board. Message sent.

Latest posts