Crush the Bucknuts turn them into dirty snowballs Game Thread...

Not having him (JBo) backed up at this point in the season is criminal, JBo is great at shooting but everybody else has to make up for his bad defense. How Ulus isn’t playing 5 or 10 minutes a game is unbelievable to me. I don’t see this team making the finals of the Big let alone the Sweet Sixteen.
Shut up

This ain’t on Jordan, he played well in his minutes. It came down to making plays and we didn’t. We had the chance. We are not a very good perimeter defensive team. I don’t think many expected us to be. They’ve got a long ways to go. We likely aren’t a legit top 10 team unless all the stars line up. Which isn’t very often. Weird year, I thought Iowa played well into Rona with established culture and depth. This program is established, but this so far is a disappointment for me. I expected Iowa to be better
His effort on off ball screens was great. I think he made his first layup around defense since big ten play started. He looked quicker.

Not impressed at all with this team. They had great ball movement the first few minutes of the second half and then the offense just stopped. No ball movement poor spacing rushed shots. Poor use of a really talented bench. Very emotionally bland. Look at Jbo two years ago he was always fired up. Now he looks uninterested at times.

Don’t be stupid. No spin needed. Two heavy weights slugged it out and one of them won. Now you can start picking out Iowa’s failures, most of which probably will be either your usual bs or repetition of what we already know. If you did not appreciate the efforts of the Hawks against an OSU team that is very talented and on a roll, you might be well advised to shut up. Iowa, OSU, Illinois, and maybe Michigan are all high quality teams that will charge into the BT tourney and then on to the NCAA’s. Wisconsin may join the party. At least I don’t have to listen to your “we don’t play anybody” mantraHuck, get a grip man. I'm not sure where your coming from with the "we don't play anybody" comment.
Excuse me Huck, don't tell me to shut up. Get a grip man. And, I'm not sure where you going with "we don't play anybody."

2 good teams yes. But, if we want to go where we want to go.....we can't drop games at home. Iowa is slipping. Garza's head down going into the locker room says it all. It has to be real frustrating.

Ok let's hear all about the "I had this game pegged as a loss", or, "I'm really nervous about this". Well no shit, Iowa let's teams fucking hang around and can't deliver when they need, on offense and especially on defense. Fucking ridiculous
Does piling on every time we lose a tough game make your dick bigger?

another loss that shouldnt happen when your at home.. this team needs to get a little tougher if they want to make that sweet 16 run. Conference aspirations are long gone. 12-8 in league may be a reach now.
Sweet 16?? This is shaping up like he classic collapse of Devs sr yr. Not sure of format but, normal year, Hawks are stumbling down to the first 4.

I’m so tired of overrated, ultimately exposed Iowa sports. It’s embarrassing to be such a scuff-kneed sucker.

His effort on off ball screens was great. I think he made his first layup around defense since big ten play started. He looked quicker.
His defense wasn’t the problem, all I’m saying. He played great. Iowa’s problem is a lot more than Jordan’s defense

Would have to watch again, but pretty sure it was his bad defense that gave up two threes in a row to Ahrens, who had not scored to that point, and then hit one more. Pretty bad effort on first two.

Why cause you said so pollyanna?
I am fine with the Pollyanna label. Thanks. I translate it as being able to recognize the reality of a very competitive conference with incredibly good teams, where games often come down to a few crucial plays.

If we could play just a bit of defense on the perimeter we could win these types of games. I think most of OSU'S 3 balls were pretty much uncontested looks. Almost every team in this league have 2 or 3 guys who can consistently knock down 3s when they are wide open. Hawks shot it well enough to win but just not good enough on the D again.

Latest posts