Crush the Bucknuts turn them into dirty snowballs Game Thread...

I understand this was a tough game but where did the hell did Fran go? Does he even need to attend the games if he is going to just relax on the sideline when ohio state makes a run.

And for God sakes prioritize practicing free throws. His own son can't even hit 70%.

There were some nice set plays ran and great first half. But he got his team fired up on effort defensively not until the last minute... Stop day dreaming on the sideline
He called like 100 timeouts the last 2 minutes. We didn’t make plays

Ok let's hear all about the "I had this game pegged as a loss", or, "I'm really nervous about this". Well no shit, Iowa let's teams fucking hang around and can't deliver when they need, on offense and especially on defense. Fucking ridiculous

another loss that shouldnt happen when your at home.. this team needs to get a little tougher if they want to make that sweet 16 run. Conference aspirations are long gone. 12-8 in league may be a reach now.

He is too slow, always has been. If he isn’t hitting threes what is he doing on the floor?
Having said that why can’t this coach teach how to set picks and screens so bo can get open looks.

I had arrows thrown at me all yesterday. Sadly and I hate to see it....but I just don't think we are as good as we all wanted them to be. Big Ten Champions really don't drop games at home that much (now we have 2 home losses). With trips to Indiana, Michigan St, Michigan, and OSU......there could be several more losses. Wisconsin at home will be another battle.

They had this game.....but then again they didn't. Lack of speed, missing free-throws, and an opponents that love shooting from the perimeter against us. It is mind blowing how well opponents shoot from the perimeter against us.

Kind of looking 4 to 6 seedish now. Making the Sweet 16 might be the pinnacle of success for this current team.

Only other time OSU has put up 90 in the BIG so far was against Nebraska. Tells us all we need to know about our abilities on D.

Dont care how tough the BIG is you have to be better to separate yourself. Losing 3 of the last 4 is not good in many ways.

Tough game

Number 7 and 8 ranked teams

Battle it out

Seems to be difficult to hold on to a 10 point lead

Not going to get any easier

We simply Have to discover how to get the ball to Luka inside

And make free throws

stats are very similar

almost identical

And you just watched Iowa lose another game at home. Go figure. Is anyone on here that stupid not to see that as good as this team is, they can't seem to get the job done when the games on the line?
And that warrants saying that they won’t win another game for the rest of the year?

Overreaction at its finest.

Jordan played well about 1/2 the time. the other half he blew dicks.
This ain’t on Jordan, he played well in his minutes. It came down to making plays and we didn’t. We had the chance. We are not a very good perimeter defensive team. I don’t think many expected us to be. They’ve got a long ways to go. We likely aren’t a legit top 10 team unless all the stars line up. Which isn’t very often. Weird year, I thought Iowa played well into Rona with established culture and depth. This program is established, but this so far is a disappointment for me. I expected Iowa to be better

Man, it is hard to spin this.
Don’t be stupid. No spin needed. Two heavy weights slugged it out and one of them won. Now you can start picking out Iowa’s failures, most of which probably will be either your usual bs or repetition of what we already know. If you did not appreciate the efforts of the Hawks against an OSU team that is very talented and on a roll, you might be well advised to shut up. Iowa, OSU, Illinois, and maybe Michigan are all high quality teams that will charge into the BT tourney and then on to the NCAA’s. Wisconsin may join the party. At least I don’t have to listen to your “we don’t play anybody” mantra.

Not having him (JBo) backed up at this point in the season is criminal, JBo is great at shooting but everybody else has to make up for his bad defense. How Ulus isn’t playing 5 or 10 minutes a game is unbelievable to me. I don’t see this team making the finals of the Big let alone the Sweet Sixteen.

I guess I bought into the hype, I felt they would be better, OK Huck just be happy with an upper division finish, yea.

You get no points for personal insults, especially directed at a guy who has done more for Iowa basketball than we would have ever imagined. Get a brain.

He called like 100 timeouts the last 2 minutes. We didn’t make plays

My point is his coaching behavior while the 10 point lead fell off. He needed them to risk fouls like they did in the last 60 seconds at probably the 3min mark.

You could see ohio state confidence build and he sat there biting his tongue, until it was too late. Not making plays on offense isn't his fault, but things were too easy for osu the last 5 mins.