Crow time

tm3308

I'll come for my healthy serving. Definitely don't agree with this lineup, but BasketballMan was right on this one.

I'll come for my healthy serving. Definitely don't agree with this lineup, but BasketballMan was right on this one.

Tm. I gotta give you credit. You took your crow like a man and came right out and admitted you were wrong. I have no clue why you dont agree with this lineup.

Tm. I gotta give you credit. You took your crow like a man and came right out and admitted you were wrong. I have no clue why you dont agree with this lineup.

Well, it was an unimpressive win. That lineup cannot defend like the previous and proved they score about as well to start each half as the previous.

A win though, that is all I have for this game.

I definitely didn't like the offense with this one. They really struggled to get any kind of flow, but I suppose that's as true for everyone all game. I just really like it better with Clemmons at point and Gesell off the ball.

can you imagine being so intellectually ossified that you choose the screen name "hawkeye11en1"??

OMFG the poor stupid bastard

can you imagine being so intellectually ossified that you choose the screen name "hawkeye11en1"??

OMFG the poor stupid bastard

oh. oh really. id like to hear your thoughts on how i came up with 11en1. Fascinated, I would be. And yet, I know you would fail.

Outside of White, the rest of the team played uninspired basketball. I like Basabe on the court to start the game because he gets in the flow immediately and even if he isn't scoring, he is blocking / altering shots and providing some above the rim play, which we desperately need. The perimeter shooting on this team is brutal and it's a good thing it was PSU who lacks a big, or we would have fallen to anyone else. You guys can hammer on me all you like, but this team lacks scorers and guys who can finish at the rim. You see the difference between Basabe getting a board (goes back strong and dunks) vs. Woodbury and others, who know they are going to get swatted and go up with a weak little push shot. I know, I know, we are awesome, I am a troll, NCAA for sure next year because Uthoff is going to go 20 and 10 every game and Jok will shoot 75% from 3.

I definitely didn't like the offense with this one. They really struggled to get any kind of flow, but I suppose that's as true for everyone all game. I just really like it better with Clemmons at point and Gesell off the ball.

I agree with this.... Woody needs to ride the pine to start the game. We need to get out of the gate quicker. And it isn't happening.

Happy to see MB in the lineup, but not excited to see Clemons out. Anxious to see what our lineup will be vs MN.

Now, thanks to scorp I gotta go google "ossified.":mad:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that line up to start the game.

Last edited:
Seeing Basabe starting over Clemmons instead of Woodbury makes me wonder if Fran promised Woodbury he would start every game when he recruited him. Basabe has played well enough that he deserves to start and Woodbury has not.

Seeing Basabe starting over Clemmons instead of Woodbury makes me wonder if Fran promised Woodbury he would start every game when he recruited him. Basabe has played well enough that he deserves to start and Woodbury has not.

I think Fran wants to win every game but I think he is focused on getting everyone some experience as well. I don't want to use the "playing for the future" line but that is what it seems more of to me. Fran knows his more talented players are young and inexperienced at this level. Plus Marble is hurt and Basabe is finally coming back to his Freshman form. I don't think Fran promised Woody that he would start every game but I think it is more likely that Fran thinks it would crush Woody's confidence if he benched him or he believes it might hinder his development.

Outside of White, the rest of the team played uninspired basketball.

I disagree with this. I thought Gessel played a tuff game as well. I like his hustle. Makes freshman mistakes but you’ll have that with well a freshman. White does well in a team that lacks on D he can sneak down the baseline. White needs to figure out how to get to the rim when he faces better D's.

Latest posts