Crow time

I disagree with this. I thought Gessel played a tuff game as well. I like his hustle. Makes freshman mistakes but you’ll have that with well a freshman. White does well in a team that lacks on D he can sneak down the baseline. White needs to figure out how to get to the rim when he faces better D's.

The less athletic teams tend to play zone more and thats where White usually shines. He doesn't do nearly as well against an athletic team that can man him up.

Guys...it doesn't matter what lineup they put out there if you are going to shoot that poorly. If this team could get anyone to make some wide open 3s, you would be amazed at how much better this team would look. They get a ton of stops, then absolutely strip the paint off the rim on their offensive end. This is a poor shooting team that just needs to relax and hit open shots. That was awful last night. They could have blown that thing open several times, but offensively they couldn't hit open shots.

Hopefully, a few people get their vision back...Marble and Josh...if you are listening.

Seeing Basabe starting over Clemmons instead of Woodbury makes me wonder if Fran promised Woodbury he would start every game when he recruited him. Basabe has played well enough that he deserves to start and Woodbury has not.

Woody might be struggling right now, but having a 7 footer that is somewhat effective is better than not having one at all. Plain and simple having him in changes the way teams play against Iowa. He has him in to get him experience to learn how tuff you have to be to play the position in the B1G. Woody seems to be a team player the fact is he will be a starter next year, so he needs to learn now to be better for the next year. I like Gabe, but at most he is an off the bench guy. At this point Woody has better ball IQ.

Do you remember how easily teams scored in the paint last year without Woody?

Guys...it doesn't matter what lineup they put out there if you are going to shoot that poorly. If this team could get anyone to make some wide open 3s, you would be amazed at how much better this team would look. They get a ton of stops, then absolutely strip the paint off the rim on their offensive end. This is a poor shooting team that just needs to relax and hit open shots. That was awful last night. They could have blown that thing open several times, but offensively they couldn't hit open shots.

Hopefully, a few people get their vision back...Marble and Josh...if you are listening.

Completely agree. The fact that Iowa has been competitve in every B10 game except one while shooting this poorly on the season is very encouraging to the direction our program is moving in. We get to the line a lot, we rebound better, and there is a night and day difference in our defense from last year. Having someone knock down outside shots will make all the difference in the world on the offensive end. I think the addition of Uthoff and Jok plus a year of experience for Gesell will give Iowa more outside threats next year.

Latest posts