Could this be the "Media Bomb" Jon was referring to?

This Jon Miller guys has no "media bomb" he just wants to attention and if something does turn up he will say "see i told you so" this is just my opinion, but I have been hearing this for a while, and i think it is total bs

This Jon Miller guys has no "media bomb" he just wants to attention and if something does turn up he will say "see i told you so" this is just my opinion, but I have been hearing this for a while, and i think it is total bs
Listen smart guy. Jon's already disclosed what this "media bomb" was. He said he didn't want to bring it up, he made a mistake. HE'S not the one continually bringing it up. He had information and didn't think it was public information. How hard is that to understand?

Jon has already come out and said that the Media bomb he was referring to was comments made by Settles and Murray in the press. He also said that the article was a watered down version of what has been said to him personally. He said he regretted mentioning it. He said he isn't looking for attention. This media bomb subject is old news. Get over yourself.

Listen smart guy. Jon's already disclosed what this "media bomb" was. He said he didn't want to bring it up, he made a mistake. HE'S not the one continually bringing it up. He had information and didn't think it was public information. How hard is that to understand?

Couldn't you have added some emoticons or something so my post beat yours? Jerk

This quote is very telling in my opinion, "“There’s several layers to it, but right at the top, obviously, I’m not at all happy with where we are right now competitively, not at all happy with where we are in attendance and just the feel of the all-around program,â€￾ Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta said. “But that being said, my support of Todd (Lickliter) hasn’t wavered.â€￾
Every AD in the country publicly supports the bball coach, Barta did support Steve and boom he's gone. The AD at Louisville supported Kragthorpe and boom he's fired. You don't say things like I am not happy with where we are competitively and not put down some serious what if's or do this or else scenarios.

All Barta means by that is while Todd is the coach here, Barta will give him all of his support to help him produce a winning team. That doesn't mean that he won't get rid of him if he's unhappy with his performance as coach. That being said Lickliter will be our coach next year. I feel Barta is going to give him one more year to improve. And at the end of next year if Barta doesn't feel there has been enough improvement he'll look in a different direction. That's my opinion.

Talking about the decline of a program after interviewing SI personnel, Barta himself, former coaches, etc... is not even on the same page as throw cheap unfunny shots at a walk-on freshman basketball player.

I think he was joking, at least that's the way I took it and found the humor in it. Maybe it was too soon though...

Steve left; Barta didn't fire him. I don't think we are going to see Lickliter leave, so the comparisons really aren't similar.
Steve left because he saw the writing on the wall and a good gig was offered by his COACH. He said as much to Seth Davis...I wasn't looking but suddenly coach came up with New Mexico...yeah right. Coach Knight saw that you were going to get fired.

Latest posts