COOL Plans to Paint Kinnick for PSU game

This is a quote from the Michigan Daily about the game from 2009.....

"The temperature at kickoff was 38 degrees, and though the morning’s light snow melted by game time, the biting chill was a new phenomenon for the two Michigan quarterbacks used to playing in warm weather. Kinnick Stadium was packed well before kickoff, with yellow rally towels sticking out against the night sky and the Hawkeye fans’ “blackout” attire."

This is a quote from the Michigan Daily about the game from 2009.....

"The temperature at kickoff was 38 degrees, and though the morning’s light snow melted by game time, the biting chill was a new phenomenon for the two Michigan quarterbacks used to playing in warm weather. Kinnick Stadium was packed well before kickoff, with yellow rally towels sticking out against the night sky and the Hawkeye fans’ “blackoutâ€￾ attire."

I have been bested.

Jon,

Has there been any mention from the University that they would consider handing out the appropriate colored shirts for this?

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I was wearing 3 pairs of socks, two sets of Under Armor (tights and shirts), my lucky t-shirt (In Heaven There Is No Beer), two hoodies, mittens (they're way warmer than gloves, don't judge me lol), and two winter caps. I didn't think it was cold at all haha.

Really though, and maybe this is just because I'm 20, I don't notice the temperature that much at the games. The only games that I've been to in two years that we lost were all played in warm weather. I don't notice the cold, at least not when we're winning. But that's just me.

It would be a lot easier if everyone wore the same color shirt. Make it a blackout. Then have the university put 'black and gold' towels in the appropriate section.

The waving of the towels looks better than just plain t-shirts.
Otherwise you're going to have hundreds of people scalping tickets and not knowing whether they're sitting in a "gold" or "black" section. Can't expect us to bring 2 shirts to the game!

The University can get free towels by having a sponsor put their logo on it.

That, and the blackout as a visual (especially at night) is about a bazillion times better than gold. That game was played what, the second week of October? How cold could it have been?

I am looking at some pictures of that game I have hanging on the wall in my office and
Adrian is wearing long sleeves!

I know Iowa is sensitive to fans feeling like they have to shell out more money to buy stuff for things like this...its why the Michigan game was not a gold game but a black out, because the forecast was for cold weather and Iowa knows that most of the cold weather hawkeye gear is black.

The black looked WAY better than gold ever could.

I'd actually rather have us do ALL games in black.....especially at night.

I spent $100+ on gold hoodies today, so it pisses me off to see these "fans" wear their green, blue and brown jackets to the games...and they will.

I understand it's expensive to go to an Iowa game, but when something special is in the cards, go the extra step. You will fondly remember being a part of it the rest of your life.

The black looked WAY better than gold ever could.

I'd actually rather have us do ALL games in black.....especially at night.

Black with gold pom poms...awesome. Check this out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0oOU5visik]YouTube - Iowa Hawkeye Intro[/ame]

That, and the blackout as a visual (especially at night) is about a bazillion times better than gold. That game was played what, the second week of October? How cold could it have been?

Couldn't disagree more, but it seems more people, at least in this thread, prefer the blackout. Interesting.

Last edited:
I think visually the All Gold games are more impressive. But any way that's done IN UNISON is the best. I don't care what it is, as long as everybody participates.

Gold is by far better for a night game! I still remember the OSU game a few years back. The gold was the most impressive thing I have ever seen on TV in regards to an Iowa game and the crowd. Just my opinion!

Going to be too cold for it to work.... I don't think the gold sections will look right because youy don't see too many gold coats around.
They should have given out pom poms in alternating colors. It looked great at the Mich game last year.

Latest posts