Cook NBA Diamond in Rough?

He's a pretty good comp to Cook. Cook is better with more of an overall floor game. But as far as running the floor and overall athleticism goes Thomas wouldn't take a back seat to him or many. Cook gets bashed some for his basketball IQ but he makes some good passes and plays too. He's just inconsistent and lightning rod for criticism due to expectations. I wish he'd have developed more too. But he's not a terrible player or anything. Not even close
To Cook's credit he hit two very nice free throws last night 1 and 1 when the game was still up for grabs, very improved FT shot.

Cook definitely has his flaws, but I am SO HAPPY with his improved free-throw shooting this year. He's made a huge impact at the line this season.
Never say never, If I had to bet a dollar I think he'll likely go to Europe next year.
Hope he makes it to the NBA some day and makes a ton of money cause regardless of his turnovers, he's a great Hawkeye to his core!

Strengths:
- Good leaping ability
- Dunks
- Makes free throws

Needs Improvent:
- Rebounding
- Shooting beyond two feet
- Playing defense
- Offensive positioning
- Defensive positioning
- Overpowered inside by stronger, bigger players
- Tendency to hide, get lost in games
- Dribbling
- Ball Control
- Catching the ball
- Passing the....

Should I go on?

TC has a long way to go to get to the NBA.

If you can't shoot well, you need to be able do something else really well. What is it, that Cook does really well? he might be better off with more weight?

Just my opinion but I thought Doug Thomas had more NBA potential then cook and if he couldn't make the league I'm not sure cook will.
Doug played better defense and had the highest vertical of probably anyone on the planet.

Cook is a great athlete, no doubt. But great athlete's are a dime a dozen. I don't see any NBA teams needing his athleticism. But I'll bet he could make a helluva living overseas like Aaron White is.

They aren’t a dime a dozen so much, but the problem is that NBA rosters are so small that those athletic players that have complete games find their way on to a roster.

Cook is not going to play in the NBA. He can't do anything farther than 5 feet from the hoop. Can't handle the ball, can't shoot, doesn't rebound, and loafs a majority of the time. Guys his size are handling the ball and shooting 3's consistently in the NBA. As far as athletic ability, guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Latest posts