Connor McCaffery Thinks Hawkeyes Could Use a Point Guard

Matt Bain did an article the other day basically confirming what I've been saying for months.

1. Fran wasn't necessarily looking at DJ for the PG position.
2. Fran wasn't that concerned about landing a PG in the '19 class.
3. Fran will fill the PG slot with a '20 recruit.
He would definitely need a PG by then, if not two.

He will also need the restock just about every other position with what we project to lose after '20 to graduation.

By then end of the '19 season it will be interesting to see who he has a high chance of signing for '20.

I can think of only one instance where a division one player had a father who was a division one coach and he didn't play for him. Marc Raveling played for Rudy Washington at Drake while his father George was at USC.

Can anyone recall any other examples?

Craig Neal's son, Cullen transferred away from New Mexico (to Ole Miss) and his dad (see link below). Tough situation (he received death threats). He transferred again to St. Mary's for his last season. This was a worst case scenario and hopefully that does not happen here.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...xico-cullen-neal-is-much-happier-at-ole-miss/

Craig Neal's son, Cullen transferred away from New Mexico (to Ole Miss) and his dad (see link below). Tough situation (he received death threats). He transferred again to St. Mary's for his last season. This was a worst case scenario and hopefully that does not happen here.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...xico-cullen-neal-is-much-happier-at-ole-miss/
So Alford wouldn't take him? Or Ole Miss was the highest bidder I'm sure. I'm kidding. Sounds like the kid has some thin skin though. I mean if your that thin skinned get off social media. I have a tough time understanding why people take what complete strangers that they don't know will most likely never meet care about what they say and think. Most are just trolls only itching for you to respond without an ounce of sincerity to what they wrote. How in the hell did society ever function pre social media?? Good Lord.

I'm a huge Beiliein fan but they had a lucky and easy road. The Big hasn't been a real power in some time if you look at it realistically in my opinion.

Results are results. I laugh at the comment of luck and easy road. They only had to play Houston, Tx A&M (from that superior SEC), and Florida St. That is 3 ranked teams in a row. I guess that is considered easy now.

Results are results. I laugh at the comment of luck and easy road. They only had to play Houston, Tx A&M (from that superior SEC), and Florida St. That is 3 ranked teams in a row. I guess that is considered easy now.

You gotta admit that that's about as lucky road as lucky road gets to the championship game.

V played 1, 3, 5, 9 and 16
M played 11, 9, 7, 6, and 14

L played 9, 7, 3, 6
K played 3, 5, 9, 16

To get where they lost or in V's case won.

V and L played substantially harder schedules.
K played 2 higher than did M
200.gif

By seeding standards, they were all lower seeds. Think Houston as a 6 was the highest if memory serves me, and they needed a miracle to pull off beating them.

V played 1, 3, 5, 9 and 16
M played 11, 9, 7, 6, and 14

L played 9, 7, 3, 6
K played 3, 5, 9, 16

To get where they lost or in V's case won.

V and L played substantially harder schedules.
K played 2 higher than did M
200.gif

Lol the notion that seeds matter once the games are played means anything is so silly. The teams Michigan played after round 1 were determined only by who was good enough to win and advance. There are zero easy roads to a championship. Please just stop it.

Last edited:
By seeding standards, they were all lower seeds. Think Houston as a 6 was the highest if memory serves me, and they needed a miracle to pull off beating them.

Yup they were all lower seeds who had beaten the higher seeds in previous games. That definitely makes logical sense to call them "easy"

Lol the notion that seeds matter once the games are played means anything is so silly. The teams Michigan played after round 1 were determined only by who was good enough to win and advance. There are zero easy roads to a championship. Please just stop it.

Stop...FACTS?

Fact: Florida St was a 9 seed that played 1 seed Xavier and beat them by 15 points.

I guess seed numbering is all that matters.

And Xavier wasn't the best in their conference.

Using your logic (unlogic), Nebraska would beat V by 3 points in the championship.

Make an effort to be intelligent.

Fact: Florida St was a 9 seed that played 1 seed Xavier and beat them by 15 points.

I guess seed numbering is all that matters.

Are you saying if the 8/9 beats the 1, they were clearly the better team so that's no help to the next opponent? You are forgetting one important aspect in you're thinking. Upsets happen.

If a team doesn't have to play a single top 5 seed all the way to the championship game, it's pretty damn lucky. It might be the luckiest path to the championship game in the history of the tournament actually.

Are you saying if the 8/9 beats the 1, they were clearly the better team so that's no help to the next opponent? You are forgetting one important aspect in you're thinking. Upsets happen.

I'm not forgetting anything. Of course upsets happen. That is why surviving is the measure of a great team. It doesn't matter what seeds you played. They are all good teams trying to do something great. The fact that Michigan survived to the championship game is the essence of mine and golds argument. He is trying to diminish that accomplishment by saying they were lucky and had easy games. That is just pure nonsense. There are no "easy" roads to the championship. Some may technically be easier than others but that in no way means that it was easy.

I'm not forgetting anything. Of course upsets happen. That is why surviving is the measure of a great team. It doesn't matter what seeds you played. They are all good teams trying to do something great. The fact that Michigan survived to the championship game is the essence of mine and golds argument. He is trying to diminish that accomplishment by saying they were lucky and had easy games. That is just pure nonsense. There are no "easy" roads to the championship. Some may technically be easier than others but that in no way means that it was easy.

I'm sure he meant easy relatively speaking. Of course it wasn't easy, but that's the word used. "What is the easiest bracket" is a very common topic that time of year.

If Michigan had to play the best possible seed at every level, their odds of winning would have dropped significantly. That means it's correct to point out their path was "easy".

By the way Adam, im not happy at all that tou are forcing me to argue with you and agree with Gold. Not cool man. Not cool.

And Xavier wasn't the best in their conference.

Using your logic (unlogic), Nebraska would beat V by 3 points in the championship.

Make an effort to be intelligent.

How is that even close to anything I have said?

Also technically Xavier was the best team in their conference. I mean since they won the Big East regular season championship and all.

By the way Adam, im not happy at all that tou are forcing me to argue with you and agree with Gold. Not cool man. Not cool.

I'm not making you do anything. You are choosing to support the argument that Michigan made it to the Championship for the second time in a decade because they are lucky and get easy games in the Tournament. By default you are also supporting golds assertion that the B1G is the worst power 6 conference.