Connor McCaffery Commits to Iowa!

Never any doubt. Connor's early commitment will attract other 4/5 Star recruits. His passing is superior, as good as I have ever seen. I used to watch Bob Cousy with the Celtics and Connor reminds me of him.....

http://youtu.be/_8IXS49q1DE

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fran will leave to keeep trying to climb the corporate coaching ladder. I don't see him satisfied to coach Iowa for the next 25 years. Connor will never play as a Hawkeye!

He was the starting PG for the IC West championship team that had Wyatt Lohaus on it as well. He wasn't asked to do a whole lot being a freshman and all. He is 6'4" now and will continue to grow. I see him as a 2 or 3 at the next level, hopefully he keeps developing his handles while he runs the offense in high school the next 3 seasons. He is a lefty so his shot looks a bit awkward but he has good form. He was 5th on the team in shot attempts last season shooting 46.8% overall and 31.8% from 3 while averaging 6.1 PPG. He also led the team in assists averaging 4.9 APG to go along with 2 TOPG.

Never any doubt. Connor's early commitment will attract other 4/5 Star recruits. His passing is superior, as good as I have ever seen. I used to watch Bob Cousy with the Celtics and Connor reminds me of him.....

http://youtu.be/_8IXS49q1DE Dang! How old are you again? Bob played before I was born....... Just kidding , Jack , btw If Conner can pass as good as Bob Cousy. Welcome to Iowa Hawkeyes!

Anyone noticed the 4 star Bruce Pearl commits to Auburn. and closer to home the 4 star visits Groce has to IL. Would like to see a couple 4 stars visit Iowa.

Jack, have you seen him play in person? Is he really a legit B1G player?

Never have seen him in person, Arvada, I am basing my opinion on the Iowa Elite video probably filmed after his freshman year. He is an accomplished passer already, sure-handed and accurate. He still has three more years of high school ball and three more years of AAU ball ahead of him, and I am certain he will polish his game considerably during that period of time. When I watched the video, I thought of Bob Cousy playing with the Celts, and how much better Connor will be when he arrives his freshman season.....

http://youtu.be/WFJJYL8Asu4

Atomicblue224

Dang! How old are you again? Bob played before I was born....... Just kidding , Jack , btw If Conner can pass as good as Bob Cousy. Welcome to Iowa Hawkeyes!

My Dad was from Boston, Atomic, and when we lived in Philadelphia, when I was young I used to watch the Celts with him. Something about his style made me think of Cousy. I wasn't saying he will be as good as Cousy, but I like the way he runs the floor, after his freshman year.....

I loved watching the Celtics, especially against the Philadelphia Warriors with Bill Russel going head to head against Wilt Chamberlain. Basketball at it's best....

Never have seen him in person, Arvada, I am basing my opinion on the Iowa Elite video probably filmed after his freshman year. He is an accomplished passer already, sure-handed and accurate. He still has three more years of high school ball and three more years of AAU ball ahead of him, and I am certain he will polish his game considerably during that period of time. When I watched the video, I thought of Bob Cousy playing with the Celts, and how much better Connor will be when he arrives his freshman season.....

http://youtu.be/WFJJYL8Asu4

I think he'll need to improve his handles quite a bit, based on the video, to be a B1G pg. But, he looks like he has a money stroke and would be a legit B1G shooter. And, as a lefty, I'll compare his form to Chris Mullin. There's an east-coaster for ya!

I think he'll need to improve his handles quite a bit, based on the video, to be a B1G pg. But, he looks like he has a money stroke and would be a legit B1G shooter. And, as a lefty, I'll compare his form to Chris Mullin. There's an east-coaster for ya!

Chris Mullen, three time All American from St. Johns and played on the 1992 Olympic Dream Team. I always liked watching him play in college. They had some battles against Georgetown and Patrick Ewing.....

Connor has three more years to improve his game. He is 5 Star recruit and the 24th-best prospect nationally by ESPN in the class of 2017. He should have the ability to play point and shooting guard in the Big 4 years from now as a Hawkeye freshman.....

Last edited:

Latest posts