Connor McCaffery Commits to Iowa!

Fran is very good at landing in-state talent who grew up rooting for the hawks, there is no doubt about it. Let's hope McCaffery's game continues to evolve and that he is a legit 4 or 5 star talent.

He has enough skills to be an All-American. He'll be good get for Iowa!

peview-16734805-1399735311.jpeg

That's the facts, Jack.....

:rolleyes:

But doesn't the coaches son get a scholarship anyway? Seems like I read something on this a few years ago, if true it would save an extra basketball scholarship.

No, they changed that after Licklighter left. Now the son has to actually be a B1G level prospect to get a scholarship.

No, they changed that after Licklighter left. Now the son has to actually be a B1G level prospect to get a scholarship.

IF that is the case, I would hope Connor keeps his five star rating and stays in the top 25 recruits his senior year, then I would not be adverse to him getting a free scholarship, allowing another scholarship for hopefully other 4/5 star recruits attracted to the Hawks by Connor and the play of the Hawks in the meantime. That would be sweet, having a five star, top 25 recruit walking on at Iowa. Would frustrate very many people, our opponents and many Hawk fans also. I would be delirious if it happens....

Why not take advantage of the situation it it is within the rules. We need every advantage we can get. I can hear the announcers discussing the situation as Connor leads the team to victory after victory.....

IF that is the case, I would hope Connor keeps his five star rating and stays in the top 25 recruits his senior year, then I would not be adverse to him getting a free scholarship, allowing another scholarship for hopefully other 4/5 star recruits attracted to the Hawks by Connor and the play of the Hawks in the meantime. That would be sweet, having a five star, top 25 recruit walking on at Iowa. Would frustrate very many people, our opponents and many Hawk fans also. I would be delirious if it happens....

Why not take advantage of the situation it it is within the rules. We need every advantage we can get. I can hear the announcers discussing the situation as Connor leads the team to victory after victory.....

I would rather have Connor on scholarship. If Iowa had an extra guy advantage, it would put a lot more pressure on the coaching staff to please the fans. I think Iowa will be successful in the future, but it would attract a lot more people on these boards that love negativity if they didn't have a spectacular season.

There might be some section 8 housing open by then too

Latest posts