Connor a little salty here

He's aware of who he is, I don't think that's a bad thing.

He knows the only reason people were talking about him on social media is because he was actually scoring for the first time in probably ever.

Guess what, he was right. Twitter was on fire. Certified Freak.

You can say whatever you want about Connor - and I think he should be benched too because he doesn't have nearly the value to this team without a post... but he's tough. Mentally and physically. He's getting rebounds, making inbounds, tipping balls and making hustle plays while also mentoring players on the court in live games. Literally ALL he can provide this team is toughness, mentally and physically.

It's crazy to me how so many people look at the same thing and come up with different conclusions but that's what makes message boards fun.

I've got no issue with Connor's toughness

I do want to say I feel for him getting injured...that sucks he has been riddled with injuries. It is not his fault his dad and the coaching staff keep playing him for as many minutes as he gets.

He definitely had a good game for him against Penn St. Hopefully he can recover and have more game like that.

That said, perception wise, I think his statement is another example of Fran's program being mentally weak. Doesn't mean he is not a tough kid, but I think he showed his cards in that statement about things being said about him. Social media is in his head living rent free when he takes another shot at the hoop. It could be a mental thing just as much as a mechanical thing with this shooting woes.

Really have to stay off the social media. You get hurt and they will still be there bashing you. You have a good game and they still bash you. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. And if you realize that it does get in your head you gotta try and stay off and tell family and friends you don't want to hear what was said.

Not fair on either count. Give him some props on his game and say too bad he got hurt even if you are wanted him off the floor and you are getting what you want.

Never have questioned Connor's toughness. He provides a lot of energy on the defensive side and he has end of game skills especially if we have the lead that I like. He can hit free throws and I would trust him getting that inbounds pass in when teams are pressing us. I still think his shooting problems are technique as opposed to it's in his head. If most of the shots are flat and short that's an issue that can be fixed. I saw against Penn St. he had more fingertips, more follow thru and he had adjusted the shot to have more arch. I'm not a physics guy, but if you're trying to throw a ball through a round cylinder your best chance of success seems to be letting the ball fall through the part of the cylinder which offers you the biggest open area. That would be the ball coming in a path from the top.einstein.jpg

I pushed back against the amount of minutes he was getting this year. Imo, he looked sluggish and slow I don't know if the hip surgeries slowed him down or what. What I didn't question was his value to the team. Even when Fran plays him at the 4 it works in some odd way.

acknowledging your fan base was probably going wild on Twitter when he dropped 4 threes in a half is not being mentally weak - it's funny and being self aware.

I do want to say I feel for him getting injured...that sucks he has been riddled with injuries. It is not his fault his dad and the coaching staff keep playing him for as many minutes as he gets.

He definitely had a good game for him against Penn St. Hopefully he can recover and have more game like that.

That said, perception wise, I think his statement is another example of Fran's program being mentally weak. Doesn't mean he is not a tough kid, but I think he showed his cards in that statement about things being said about him. Social media is in his head living rent free when he takes another shot at the hoop. It could be a mental thing just as much as a mechanical thing with this shooting woes.

Fran's program has been Mentally weak from the time he landed in Iowa. Social Media been living rent free inside this program since day one.

It was crazy how he switched, unprompted, from his injured shoulder to people picking on him on social media.

Latest posts