Congrats on a very solid season

acgclone

After the last 4-5 years, you can't be too displeased with a winning season, 1-NIT win and some major upsets in a very strong conference.

Overall, the pendulum is swinging back to ISU and Iowa within the state, as it should be.

Both schools have a lot to be proud of and should be excited about the future.

Yeah if someone would have told me two years ago that Iowa's basketball program was the only one going forward I would have laughed at them

ISU is moving forward at a much faster pace than we are right now.

I think he's talking relative to other U of I sports (which I would disagree with). Not really fair to compare the b-ball program and it's forward progress with say football, which has been very established and has a much lower ceiling.

Basketball had sunk to a level where it could only go up.

I was at the game and afterwords i went down by the Iowa bench to thanks the players for a great season. I saw Matty G tearing up a little bit and yelled "Thanks for being a Hawk." He gave me a nod and was trying to keep it together. It was really great seeing the Hawks play such an athletic and uptempo bball in person. A lot of Oregon fans stopped me and said the team was well-coached and they enjoyed watching them play.

There will be some very good basketball teams in the state of Iowa next year. Iowa State, UNI, and Iowa all have legit chances (or so it would seem) of making the NCAA tournament.

I was at the game and afterwords i went down by the Iowa bench to thanks the players for a great season. I saw Matty G tearing up a little bit and yelled "Thanks for being a Hawk." He gave me a nod and was trying to keep it together. It was really great seeing the Hawks play such an athletic and uptempo bball in person. A lot of Oregon fans stopped me and said the team was well-coached and they enjoyed watching them play.

Sounds like a better Hawk than Chad Greenway.

Say what you will, but that game was fun to watch. Wide open and entertaining. Too bad the interior defense was lacking, but that will get fixed:).
Iowa basketball is fun to watch again.

I've really enjoyed watching basketball again. Haven't in years until last year and this year. It's been fun to watch my 9 year old son watch the Hawks and now say he want's to play football and basketball.

This is the first time since we upset #1 ranked UCONN in Alford's first game as coach that I have been excited about the basketball program. Can't wait till next year!

It was a great season and with some of the players Iowa has back to go with their 2012 recruiting class; there are bigger things on the way.
For everything that Iowa lost during the last decade, it is back in two seasons with Fran at the helm. Iowa has nothing but positive energy surrounding the program again, in just two seasons Fran has changed everything. Pretty wild considering the shape of the program when he took over. Cole and Gatens have had a lot to do with the turnaround, being players that have stuck through adversity.
The dark days are over and I have to agree with whomever stated that Iowa and ISU are back to the rightful place as the two best teams in Iowa again. It is all the better and makes both the BIG and Big 12 better for it in the end.

If we could just wall up our state and keep our best players, the BBall buzz for both hawks and clones would be killer.

However, our blue chip kids continue to go play for the human turd, Roy Williams.

Depressing

Latest posts