Week 4- UCLA
Week 5-- FSU
Week 6-- Louisville
Week 7-- No. Illinois
Week 8-- Baylor
Week 9-- Miami, FL
Week 10-- Ohio St.

Friends,
I'm thinking of doing a college basketball suicide pool this year. Obviously some of the rules would need to be different, so I thought I would bounce some ideas off of those of you who have participated in the football suicide pool this year.

Ways the pool would be the same:
-You can only pick each team once per season.
-The team you pick must win all their games during a given week.
-You must pick your team before the start of their first game in a given week.

Ways I think the pool would need to be different:
-I think in order to allow me time to sort through the entries from a given week, I would omit Monday (and maybe Tuesday) games as possible choices.
-I think I would limit the possible teams to choose from to teams that ended the 2012-2013 season in the top 125 of the KenPom rankings. You would have to choose a team that was rated in the top-125 who is playing another team who was rated in the top-125.
-I think instead of limiting the choices to teams that are undefeated, I would limit it to teams with 2 losses. That way it could go longer into the season (into February and maybe March). Participants would still lose if the team they picked lost during the week, but they wouldn't be as limited.

Thoughts?

-I think in order to allow me time to sort through the entries from a given week, I would omit Monday (and maybe Tuesday) games as possible choices.
Thoughts?

Another idea would be to limit the game selection to games on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. That way, almost any college team would be playing one game in any given week.

-I think instead of limiting the choices to teams that are undefeated, I would limit it to teams with 2 losses. That way it could go longer into the season (into February and maybe March). Participants would still lose if the team they picked lost during the week, but they wouldn't be as limited.

Thoughts?

You could do some sort of progression. For example, you can only pick undefeated teams in November, then in December you can pick teams with 0 or 1 loss, then in January you can pick teams with 0-2 losses, and so on. You're right, we definitely can't play the whole season if we have to pick only undefeated teams.

I'm loving the game, jump. Thanks so much for everything you do.

Week 1: South Carolina
Week 2: East Carolina
Week 3: Northwestern
Week 4: UCLA
Week 5: Missouri
Week 6: Fresno State
Week 7: Clemson
Week 8: Oregon
Week 9: Miami (FL)
Week 10: Northern Illinois

Friends,
I'm thinking of doing a college basketball suicide pool this year. Obviously some of the rules would need to be different, so I thought I would bounce some ideas off of those of you who have participated in the football suicide pool this year.

Ways the pool would be the same:
-You can only pick each team once per season.
-The team you pick must win all their games during a given week.
-You must pick your team before the start of their first game in a given week.

-I think I would limit the possible teams to choose from to teams that ended the 2012-2013 season in the top 125 of the KenPom rankings. You would have to choose a team that was rated in the top-125 who is playing another team who was rated in the top-125.

Thoughts?

So you're unemployed. Let me know if I can help.:eek:

1: UCF
2: Stanford
3: Northern Illinois
4: UCLA
5: Clemson
6. Texas Tech
7. Louisville
8. Fresno State
9. Florida State
10. Ohio State

W1 - Wisconsin
W2 - Oklahoma State
W3 - Northwestern
W4 - UCLA
W5 - Missouri
W6 - Louisville
W7 - Northern Illinois
W8 - Ohio State
W9 - Florida State
W10 - Fresno State

week 1...UCF
week 2...MSU
week 3...ARK
week 4...LSU
week 5...MIZZU
week 6...MISHITAGAN
week 7...UCLA
week 8...BAYLOR
week 9...MIAMI
week10...NIU

Hmmmm....no wonder why football team plays so well...very limited distractions:

Suicide - HN
Week 1 = Texas AnM
Week 2 = Michigan St
Week 3 = Northwestern
Week 4: UCLA
Week 6: Michigan
Week 7: Texas Tech
Week 8: Baylor
Week 9: Miami
Week 10: Northern Ill

Week 1 - UCF
Week 2 - Michigan State
Week 3 - Arkansas
Week 4 - LSU
Week 5 - Missouri
Week 6 - Florida State
Week 7 - UCLA
Week 8 - Baylor
Week 9 - Miami (FL)
Week 10 - Northern Illinois

1. Michigan St
2. Nebraska
3. Northwestern
4. Baylor
5. Clemson
6. Michigan
7. Texas Tech
8. Fresno St
9. N Illinois
10. Ohio St

The end is near.

1- Maryland
2-Auburn
3- Northern Illinois
4- Baylor
5- Missouri
6- Texas Tech
7- Houston
8- Fresno
9- Miami (FL)
10- Ohio State

Week 1: Oklahoma
Week 2: UCF
Week 3: Arkansas
Week 4: ​UCLA
Week 7: Houston
Week 8: Oregon
Week 9: Miami Hurricanes
Week 10: Northern ​Illinois

Week 1:Nebraska
Week 2: Arizona
Week 3: Maryland
Week 4: Texas Tech
Week 7: UCLA
Week 8: Baylor
Week 9: Oregon
Week 10: Fresno State

Miami's loss means there are now only 7 undefeated teams left. Next week, when NIU and Ohio State have bye week and 3 of the unbeatens play top-10 foes, should be really interesting.

Latest posts