Coe says he will be committing to IOWA

After seeing film of Coe and looking at stats from his junior and senior years, I see him being a linebacker in the long run. In his offensive video, he looks fast, but I don't remember ever seeing him "run over" anyone who was about the same size as him. On defense, he seems to have a solid burst, good instincts, and really good sideline to sideline speed. I can see him being an All-American OLB, and given Iowa's system, an OLB with the speed to play in pass coverage is a huge asset. Obviously things could change once he finds his way to campus, but don't be surprised if he ends up on defense.

All I know is, we need at least 10 RBs on the roster at all times, to account for our wonderful, wonderful luck at that position.

Ha lay looool ya!! Thank Gaawd! Now, if the program does not have any surprises or horrible news before he inks the paper!! Thank Gawd the KOK to Indiana rumors didn't scare him away. :p:D

After seeing film of Coe and looking at stats from his junior and senior years, I see him being a linebacker in the long run. In his offensive video, he looks fast, but I don't remember ever seeing him "run over" anyone who was about the same size as him. On defense, he seems to have a solid burst, good instincts, and really good sideline to sideline speed. I can see him being an All-American OLB, and given Iowa's system, an OLB with the speed to play in pass coverage is a huge asset. Obviously things could change once he finds his way to campus, but don't be surprised if he ends up on defense.
+1

don't forget to tell that to the idiots who didn't care that we didn't get French

There's a difference between football players who are great athletes, and great athletes who play football. The former you can't get enough of. The latter, you're okay if you don't get them. Bob Sanders is a member of the player/athlete club. Paul Chaney is a member of the athlete/player club. See the difference?

There's a difference between football players who are great athletes, and great athletes who play football. The former you can't get enough of. The latter, you're okay if you don't get them. Bob Sanders is a member of the player/athlete club. Paul Chaney is a member of the athlete/player club. See the difference?

agree, the problem is very few people can accurately and consistently tell the difference ahead of time. even NFL scouts frequently get it wrong. Running back depends quite a bit on pure athleticism, yet there are first round busts and late round/undrafted free agents who turn out to be very good.

agree, the problem is very few people can accurately and consistently tell the difference ahead of time. even NFL scouts frequently get it wrong. Running back depends quite a bit on pure athleticism, yet there are first round busts and late round/undrafted free agents who turn out to be very good.

In French's case, it's a guy who is far superior to his peers in terms of pure athleticism, yet he was practically invisible every week. He doesn't have good hands (shocking for a guy that was supposedly looking at college basketball a couple years ago), and he just doesn't look to have "it". He looks afraid to really go out and knock heads out there, shies away from contact. He just doesn't look like a guy who is a football player at heart.

Coe committing could bode well for the Hawks come the Army All-Star Game! Just think if we could get Cyrus and maybe 1 more stud we would have to have a top 25 recruiting class this year.

While he looks very talented i wouldn't be surprised to see him elsewhere on the field. He is a great pickup however i would be very skeptical of how great his career will be. He got way too many Touchdowns due to how big he was not how physical he is

Recruiting is a crap shoot at best. I have been following New Orleans Saints this year and out of their 53 active players, 12 are from the schools of Towson, Hofstra, Idaho State, Bloomsburg, Stillman, North Dakota State, Central Michigan, Tiffin, South Florida, Toledo, Southern Methodist, William and Mary. Some of those schools are better football factories than others, but not commonly thought of as being in the same league as the "well known" school.

Recruiters have to really be sharp to find those players that are under the radar and would fit well with their programs. IMO Iowa has been good at that and the bumpy PR lately shouldn't hurt.

While he looks very talented i wouldn't be surprised to see him elsewhere on the field. He is a great pickup however i would be very skeptical of how great his career will be. He got way too many Touchdowns due to how big he was not how physical he is

What video were you watching?!

You might consider getting your computer/eyes examined.

What video were you watching?!

You might consider getting your computer/eyes examined.

I was watching the same video you were the guy is twice the size of everyone else on the field so of course his stats are gonna be good. For his size he just isn't that physical of a runner i'm not saying hes bad

I was watching the same video you were the guy is twice the size of everyone else on the field so of course his stats are gonna be good. For his size he just isn't that physical of a runner i'm not saying hes bad

I noticed the same thing. This guy was my #1 want from this recruiting class so im super excited we landed him. But I really wish he would move to LB (he wont) because that is where I was really wowed while watching his film.

I still think he'll be a great RB but he's got some work to do.

Latest posts