Coaching thread

I agree with this part of your post; "That being said, I am proud Kurt is our coach; A guy who, win or lose, represents the school and state with class. Kurt is not the type of guy who would try and throw it towards the endzone when he team has a 20 point lead, unlike some class-less individuals who were at the game last night."
Kirk is a class act. I am not in any way supporting a call for KF's head. But I don't think the team was ready. The defense was shocked. Penn State didn't do anything special. They were the same team they have been all year. Iowa had no answer before the linemen went down. The offense was the same ineffective unit we have seen all year.

I thought it was exceptionally classy when his kid lived in low incoming housing while on a scholarship and Kirk pretended he didn't know about it.

I have some friends with good inside info on the program, and one of them paged me before kickoff and told me that the team was really emotionally drained after the ceremony where Casey Weigmann was placed on the ANF Wall of Fame. I think you can clearly tell on Iowa's first possession that the team was still distracted by the plight of the Iowa family farm, and not the Lion defense. Fortunately, they snapped out of it quickly (props to the coaches, it was an emotional ceremony, and I am frankly surpised the players got over it so quickly), but by then, the damage had been done.
ROFL. Funny stuff. All of them. Funny stuff.

Do you really still have a pager? It's 2012.

Of course I have a pager. Not to toot my own whistle, but I am a pretty big wheel in the bird feeder industry, so it helps when I can be reached at any time. By virtue of my position, I have many friends and business contacts who are connected to the Iowa program. In fact, for the UNI game, I was invited to sit in Provost P. Barry Butler's private box at Kinnick Stadium buy a prominent donor/bird lover. So I think that speaks for itself that my information is reputable.

Look, I got pretty wound up last night too. Before the game, my wife mixed me up a couple of Arnold Palmer's with caffeinated tea, so I my behavior was less than civilized, and I got steamed and said "heckf!re" a few times, but after sleeping on it, I have a little perspective on what happened.

On a coaching note, since this is a coaching thread, I wonder how difficult it was for Kurt and Brain to coach against Bill O'Brian, a man who was a friend and mentor to Brain while he was in New England. I received a fax this morning from a person close to the coaching staff who were very upset that O'Brien tried to run up the score on the Ferentz', which they viewed as O'Brien taking advantage of their friendship. The three went out for dinner after the game, and my sources told me that the elder Ferentz was very quiet the whole meal, just sitting silently chewing, and staring into space.

I am sure O'Brien learned his lesson when he makes Kurt mad! I can't wait to play those cowardly lions next year!

pager-image.jpg

Everbody knows technology is cyclical.
Soon there will be a pager back on everybody's belt, just like it should be.

Just wait until our 40th nationally ranked recruiting class gets here. We'll show 'em!

Some people who can afford them find diamonds in a glass case. Other people who are hard workers and smart find diamonds in hard stone. Kurt is the latter. The recruiting class is always ranked #40, but at the end of the year, the ranking that counts in in the top 10! This is a young team with a new staff, but you can see in his face how hard Kurt is working to whip these guys into shape. This team has, unarguably, gotten better each week, and will continue to do so. I can't wait to see the spanking we give those Wildcats next week. I am expecting big things, and a road win in the Big 10 is something to celebrate!

GO HAWKS!

Latest posts