Claeys out at Minny

They just fired someone who won 9 games. They will never ever win that many games again in the future. Barta needs to get on the phone and save them from themselves.

BTW, awesome opportunity to poach. Wait, first let me check out the MAC.

Last edited:
Yeah, this just shows how a coach can do all the right things, win more games than the previous guy, and still wind up getting fired. Thats just what college football is like these days.

Yeah, this just shows how a coach can do all the right things, win more games than the previous guy, and still wind up getting fired. Thats just what college football is like these days.
He was checkmated in a two level chess game - the team on one level and the administration on the other.

If they get PJ Fleck, that's yet another team in the B1G with a better coach than Iowa.

He's going to have to do more than turnaround a MAC program before I can put him ahead of a coach who has won a BCS bowl game, multiple Big Ten coach of the year winner, AP coach of the year, B1G conference championships, Division winner, Heisman finalist, all the NFL players, etc.

I always liked the way his team played, they were always well prepared and physical at the point of attack. I don't know who they think they can get up there to replace him but I doubt they will win more than nine games anytime soon.

If they get PJ Fleck, that's yet another team in the B1G with a better coach than Iowa.

Wouldn't surprise me that Fleck and MN had a discussion prior to the firing and mutual interest was shown. Guess time will tell but I think he would be a very good hire (excellent recruiter) for a MN program. Has said he wants to stay in the Midwest.

I kinda thought Rob might ask KF a question related to this regarding how Iowa tries to prevent this kind of thing.

So is this the story? A woman takes on 10 football players and later has regrets. The police investigated TWICE and filed no charges. The university suspends all 10 players. The team threatens to boycott the Holiday Bowl Game. Claeys tweets his support for the players. University meets with the players and negotiates a deal so they will not boycott the bowl. Claeys somehow get the players ready for the bowl game where they shut down the high flying Wazzou offense and win.

The University then fires Claeys. For What, standing up for his players?

Current poll on Minneapolis Star Tribune website has 70% saying university in the wrong.

http://www.startribune.com/poll-was...lts=true&mr=1&oid=2&pid=409581065&cid=8500397

A pox on all the administrators at Minnesota. I hope their bowels lock and they fill up with poo.

Yeah, this is the right time for the angry fans to storm the Athletic Department building and remove the AD.

Latest posts