CJB #1 on new depth chart

This isn't to placate anyone. It is just like JC and RS in 2008. The starter had to "lose" the job, or "play" his way out of the job for KF to make a switch. Too bad it took KF 8 games too long to see what everyone else already knew. JR had played his way out of a job during the ISU game and the 1st half of the Pitt game. CJ should have started every game from then on.

How long will it take before the fans start clamoring for CJB's backup?

Judging on how CJ played in the bowl game, I'd say at about the end of the first quarter vs ILL St or whatever FCS tomato can Iowa opens up against in 2015.

Musical depth charts will not solve the problem with this program. It's attempting to put lipstick on the same old pig. Problems in order of importance are:
#1. Poor recruiting.
#1b. Poor assistant coaches. (the 2 are directly related)
#2. Conservative offensive philosophy.
#3. Archaic theory of upperclassmen play, underclassmen wait. Regardless of talent level.
Way down the list is shuffling of the depth chart.

I hate this. As it is entirely correct.

This is a pretty telling example of just how stupid and feeble KFz thinks Iowa fans are. Another ruse to keep CJB on the leash, then BOOM! JR starts next season. KF knows he needs CJB for 16' and he's pulling out all of the stops to make sure that happens.

I suspect there are several reasons Kirk did this...and almost all of it has to do more with PR than winning games actually. You can't really look at KF at the helm, the depth chart and believe that Hawkeye Football challenges for a BIG 10 title let alone a West division title. There aren't enough quality thoroughbreds in the stable not even close. So when CJB struggles and MAY have a worse record than 7-5 next year everyone will be on CJB. Unfortunately, it's Ferentz who's time has passed. Equally fortunate or unfortunate he and his wife are HUGE philanthropists to the U so there's no way Sally kills that fatted calf until he's ready to pull the plug on himself.

Judging on how CJ played in the bowl game, I'd say at about the end of the first quarter vs ILL St or whatever FCS tomato can Iowa opens up against in 2015.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm in some form since CJB had a 130 qb rating in that game in spite of our D that didn't really show up.

You do realize that Illinois St will play in the FCS Championship game on Saturday, right? And you do realize that they won't graduate all of their players, right? Their quarterback (JR) and their top rusher (SO) will be back next year as well as a lot of their defense. Calling them a "tomato can" is a little dismissive, don't you think?

This is a pretty telling example of just how stupid and feeble KFz thinks Iowa fans are. Another ruse to keep CJB on the leash, then BOOM! JR starts next season. KF knows he needs CJB for 16' and he's pulling out all of the stops to make sure that happens.

This would be my concern if I was CJB. If Rudock leaves the program, then yeah, CJB could feel confident that he's the #1 guy the next two years. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'd think.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm in some form since CJB had a 130 qb rating in that game in spite of our D that didn't really show up.

I'll give CJ credit for his first TD drive. It was against starters in a legit game situation. The 2nd and 3rd were long after Tennessee mentally and physically checked out of that game.

I want CJ to be the starter, I've said it many times on this board. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on his performance in that game. I don't put too much on a QB running up good numbers on a scrub defense from a 6-6 team.

Also, CJ has next to nothing at the WR/TE/RB positions. The odds of him struggling early next season are quite high unless Iowa has some unknown guys step up or known players make a quantum leap in the offseason.

You do realize that Illinois St will play in the FCS Championship game on Saturday, right? And you do realize that they won't graduate all of their players, right? Their quarterback (JR) and their top rusher (SO) will be back next year as well as a lot of their defense. Calling them a "tomato can" is a little dismissive, don't you think?

Yes, I heard that they are good. But when you compare the resources of a school like Iowa to the resources of any FCS school, its not even the same universe. They most likely do have a better QB and RB than Iowa. Probably several other positions as well but that is more of an inditement of where Iowa is at. Good Power 5 teams would have very little to no trouble with the Ill Sts of the world.

I don't want EITHER QB leaving...I do not want ANY excuse next year, or reason to talk about being caught shorthanded at this or that. When we go 5-7, I want it to be at full strength so their is absolutely, once and for all, ZERO wiggle room for a KF return in 2016. That is also why I hope there is no change at OC.

Pardon me if I missed it, but is this the 1st time Fort Kinnick has released a post season depth chart?

Wonder if CJ was still on the fence on staying or leaving & this is a move by Ferentz to sway him here.

Who knows if CJ will stay, but I'd bet anything that before this came out that KF sat them both down, and told them that CJ was gonna be the starter next year. It is actually a smart move in that give the kid a full spring and fall camps as the #1 and get him mentally ready to go.

This post shows what kirk has done to the program. It's sad.

-----There aren't enough quality thoroughbreds in the stable

No, there aren't any thoroughbreds in the stable.

Latest posts