Cincinatti vs Iowa prediction thread

And the winner is...

• Cincinatti

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Iowa

Votes: 44 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Iowa immediately gets better at perimeter defense with Jordan being out. He was already a - defender and with his hip, he was even worse. I also think this team is still not gonna struggle to score, so I expect maybe a little less potent on O but much better on D as a result.
This.

I think Iowa immediately gets better at perimeter defense with Jordan being out. He was already a - defender and with his hip, he was even worse. I also think this team is still not gonna struggle to score, so I expect maybe a little less potent on O but much better on D as a result.

Not to be a douche, but what does that mean exactly? Does it translate into a better or worse team without Jbo?

Last edited:
What channel is the game going to be on

Hawkeye Sports says BTN

But on Youtuve TV it is not liisted

I am in panic mode right now

Not to be a douche, but what does that mean exactly? Does it translate into a better or worse team without Jbo?

I honestly think the starting 5 will be really close to just as good overall, just way different how they get results. What's going to really hurt is the increase in minutes for the bench. I think Kriener is just as good as most backup bigs out there so he wont hurt us. The other 2 guys need to step up quite a bit or we will lose quite a bit of ground there. Ground that we probably aren't good enough to make up.

I honestly think the starting 5 will be really close to just as good overall, just way different how they get results. What's going to really hurt is the increase in minutes for the bench. I think Kriener is just as good as most backup bigs out there so he wont hurt us. The other 2 guys need to step up quite a bit or we will lose quite a bit of ground there. Ground that we probably aren't good enough to make up.

Not picking on @InGoodCo, but several people have made similar comments. If trading offense for defense translates into 19-12(11-9) then sign me up. I am just skeptical that it will work that way.

Cincinnati's perimeter D is very intense and we probably have difficulty finding open shots even with Luka gathering attention inside

Luka must stay out of foul trouble inside as he has so far this season. The Bearcats play strong inside, borderline dirty but very tough. Luka should be able to draw quite a few fouls on them with pump fakes and footwork

We need to get their starters in foul trouble early and frequently

Cumberland was sitting on the bench for a long time in the second half against the Volunteers the other night. When he came back in he was on fire, seemingly scoring every time down the court but eventually fouled out. We will be a better team with him on the bench

Hawkeyes with the victory in a hard-fought game with the cream rising to the top

We look like I a team that hasn't played in over a week, probably because we are a team that hasn't played in over a week!

Latest posts