• Cincinatti

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Iowa

Votes: 44 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Who wins and by how much? As a side question, does the neutral game site in CHICAGO, favor Iowa?

Judging by stats alone, it doesn't appear Cincy is a strong 3-point shooting team, which should favor Iowa. Of course we've all seen poor shooting teams light it up against Iowa regularly, but this year's team seems to have more defensive pride than teams in previous years.

After seeing the way Cincy lost to Colgate, I was curious to see how they would bounce back under a first year coach and they beat Tenn last night. I'm still going to say Hawks win.

Judging by stats alone, it doesn't appear Cincy is a strong 3-point shooting team, which should favor Iowa. Of course we've all seen poor shooting teams light it up against Iowa regularly, but this year's team seems to have more defensive pride than teams in previous years.

I think Iowa immediately gets better at perimeter defense with Jordan being out. He was already a - defender and with his hip, he was even worse. I also think this team is still not gonna struggle to score, so I expect maybe a little less potent on O but much better on D as a result.

Sure, I will pick Iowa. Cincinnati will have the revenge thing going for it, but they may be a bit cocky after TN. I think we will remind them of the Colgate game though.

Iowa by 12. Just seems like they're on a streak right now and doing all of the right things.

ESPN gives Iowa a 65% chance to win
Iowa is #20 in KenPom. Cincy is #54
Iowa moved to #2 overall offense behind Gonzaga

What kind of game/offense did Colgate run? Are they fast or slow? I missed the score as I was in the Philippines at the time.

As much as I would like Iowa to win I think the long layoff will affect the game early. Adjusting to a new starting lineup won't help either. Endurance is another factor.

We will need JoeT's hustle and defensive intensity against the Bearcats

Whether he starts or not

He is an instant burst of energy coming off the bench

The opponents are not quite ready for his style of play

70-65 Iowa

Jarron Cumberland is the heart and soul of that team. As I stated in a previous thread if he is "feeling it" this will be a tough game for Iowa. Vogt/Sorolla won't slow down Garza, plus Iowa is much more efficient on offense than Tennessee is. Tennessee had/has no outside shooting. That difference will give Iowa a close W.

I know we had a home game against the Gophers about 10 days ago, but it feels like Iowa has been on the road for about the past 5-6 weeks now.

Latest posts