Checking out Maryland tomorrow against Illini; other Big games

Can't believe I watched that whole game. sheesh

I watched parts of the game on mute on another screen. It looked like 2 pretty average teams but Illinois is less than average. If Maryland was really good they would have beat Illini by 20.

Now saying that the hawks will have to play top notch at Maryland because they have some speed on offense, they can rush the passer, etc

I watched parts of the game on mute on another screen. It looked like 2 pretty average teams but Illinois is less than average. If Maryland was really good they would have beat Illini by 20.

Now saying that the hawks will have to play top notch at Maryland because they have some speed on offense, they can rush the passer, etc
Maryland usually blasts out of the gate strong. When the B1G starts they fall back to earth. Yes they have some speed and a pretty good WR but the Hawks D will nullify most of it. With saying that no doubt Hawks will play extremely conservative and need a last second field goal to eek out the win.

So far I'm seeing two teams Iowa should beat without a lot of trouble. Maryland's QB is a true QB talent. Speed. Throws good. Makes good decisions. Their problem is the offensive line. They do have some good receivers. Deemas? At 6.4 he can be a matchup problem.
Their defensive line is average.

Illinois is what we already know. A work in progress. A good QB in Peters. Lot of guys trying hard but they need some stars. Early on Illinois was rushing 4 or more as the game progressed they opted to rush 2 or 3 and go with max pass protection.
IL would have faired better the previous 2 games w Peters.

If we lose to either one of these teams it will be a tragedy. I should have counted the missed tackles by either team. Offenses had few moments of success. The lack of hard hitting physicality by both teams will be their downfall big time against the Hawks.

In other news, which cousin f*ckers do we want between Nebraska and Oklahoma?

Other than that game I'll be cheering on the B1G teams, just undecided on the level of my Nebby hate today.

Watching the first drive, either NU has a good DL or OU has a typical Big 12 "don't need to run the ball because we throw 60 times a game" OL.
I am wondering the same. first and second down (heck, even third, got the TD but barely) at the goal line Nebby looks like they finally have a DL... but is that Nebby or OU?

The pregame announcers said this is first time in 45 years the Big is playing against 5 ranked non con teams. It will be an interesting day.

Nebby giving up big 3rd down conversions. The hawks need IU to play really good today even if they lose.

When was the last time you heard announcers say 'the crowd is really loud here at Indiana"?????