Check out the new Iowa old school Gold Uniforms

Nice, those look like the classic '60s and 1970 with ****** Iowa from the great Ralph Miller, Sam Williams and Freddy Brown teams.

No, the originals for this design are from the early 80's in Lute's last season and also used during the Raveling years. The Miller era unis were quite different. The Register had some old Iowa BB pics on their site at the beginning of the season that showed these, they might still be available.

No, the originals for this design are from the early 80's in Lute's last season and also used during the Raveling years. The Miller era unis were quite different. The Register had some old Iowa BB pics on their site at the beginning of the season that showed these, they might still be available.

Agreed. Me wants Carfino jersey.

Seriously better than the ClipArt "IOWA" we have on the front of the jerseys now.

I'm tired of it also, along with the weird numbers where the 2's look like 7's on TV. Surprising that both Lick and Fran kept that Alford-era artifact.

Next stop in the wayback machine...1961.

1960-1961-hawkeye-basketball-squad.jpg

Sioux f'd up the thread
with the gigantic pic
now I gotta post in haiku
because of the ad in the
middle. Bring back the belts
and knee pads too!!!

Sorry about the jumbo size of the pic. It didn't look that big when I found it on the web. BTW, I don't see any knee pads on the Hustlin Hawks (Hey, that may be a knee pad upon further review). The belts are nice though.

Last edited:

Latest posts