Charlie Moore

I would not get your hopes for Charlie Moore coming to Iowa...
Have you heard anything new? Cook seems to be communicating with him in a positive way and since Iowa's staff has given him the green light to be doing so... Do you feel the lack of interest is on the coaches side or Moores? Or is it priority thing where they'd like Vital and want to have him decide first? Because if Iowa say offers Moore I can't see him wanting to go to NW over Iowa on a multitude of levels... 1st of all he most likely won't be going to the NCAAs at NW... At all since it's pretty tough to predict they will when they have yet to ever... secondly style of play... He'll be able to play uptempo and get shots up at Iowa. At NW they'll play that slower pace and he won't have the athletes on the wing for him to play with to succeed.. Now if the coaches don't want Moore for whatever the reasons I don't understand giving Cook the green light to do what he's done.. That makes little sense to me either... Oh well hopefully in a few weeks this will have played out and if either of them come I'll be happy.
From what I've gathered Vital is the more polished player. More of a shooter then a play maker but capable. He's also 6'2 so he's bigger then Moore. But Moore isn't scared to go to the basket and can not only create for others but score inside too. I would have thought getting Vital is the longer shot. I figure with UConn in the mix it'd be tough to beat them out since he's a New England kid. And with Moore having had played with Cook and having been publicly communicating with each other that Iowa had the better shot at him.... Now that's me from the outside looking in.. I'm sure there's more to it then that as there usually always is with recruiting so we'll see. I suppose there's a good chance we miss on both and pocket that scholly.. I bet Bohannon is hoping they don't come...

Last year there was a big deal about Hutton and Fleming recruiting for Iowa. Neither are even with the Iowa program now so I'm not sure how impressive it was to the players they were trying to recruit. Cook has a lot bigger resume than the other two did though.

I don't believe it is.

Some Seton Hall guy ended up refuting that they had offered Charlie too, so hard to imagine that guy has a ton of credibility.

I did see another Rivals guy on Twitter say Iowa has contacted Moore. What gives, I'm not sure.

Apparently Charlie's heard from Seton Hall and Iowa and construed their interest as being offers though no formal offers have been made?

Why the heck contact him if you're not really going to offer?

Apparently Charlie's heard from Seton Hall and Iowa and construed their interest as being offers though no formal offers have been made?

Why the heck contact him if you're not really going to offer?

You make contact to gage the level of interest. Then see about securing a visit. If the guy isn't going to commit to that, or at least show significant interest, then no need to bother offering.

OK. So I reached out to a few sources this morning and it appears there's been some movement between Iowa and Moore quite recently. Not sure how much movement as the kid is getting hit pretty hard from all sides by schools wanting to get him. But there's definitely mutual interest. Does he have an offer? Who knows? It's probably semantics at this point. If he thinks enough of Iowa to visit, which I think is being worked on, I think there'd be an offer.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Do Moore and Vital both visit? And how do the coaches play it? If Vital wants to commit but they think they have a shot with Moore, do they wait in Charlie?

Stay tuned.

I'll continue working on this story. Hope to have more at some point today.

OK. So I reached out to a few sources this morning and it appears there's been some movement between Iowa and Moore quite recently. Not sure how much movement as the kid is getting hit pretty hard from all sides by schools wanting to get him. But there's definitely mutual interest. Does he have an offer? Who knows? It's probably semantics at this point. If he thinks enough of Iowa to visit, which I think is being worked on, I think there'd be an offer.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Do Moore and Vital both visit? And how do the coaches play it? If Vital wants to commit but they think they have a shot with Moore, do they wait in Charlie?

Stay tuned.

I'll continue working on this story. Hope to have more at some point today.

Charlie is a pure point guard, while Vital is a 2 that was switched to point this season.

Charlie is a pure point guard, while Vital is a 2 that was switched to point this season.

Agree. If Vital visits first and wants to commit, do you take him or do you roll the dice and wait on Moore? It's not like Vital has no other options.

Agree. If Vital visits first and wants to commit, do you take him or do you roll the dice and wait on Moore? It's not like Vital has no other options.

In my opinion, we should take Vital in that situation. We learned, throughout, this past season that we need better shooters at guard, particularly, at pg. Jok played the 3 so I'm not counting him. Time and again, Sapp and MG were unable to deliver on wide open shots and this allowed defenses to concentrate on JU and Jok, towards the end.

From the video I've seen of Vital, he has enough ability to play the point and he is a dead-eye shooter from range. Take him. He is an immediate athletic upgrade for the team. I'll be happy if we can sign either, but you take the first one that says yes.