Chances Bollers commits?

Nebraska under Frost throws out an ungodly amount of offers, and they take low character guys. This is why you see their classes as good as they are. I am not saying they are all like this, but the proof is in the pudding. I also believe that Frost and the AD are win at all costs.

We don’t know what the Iowa staff are saying to this kid. We also don’t know if he’s a perfect fit. He may just be one of those self entitled prima Donna types that thinks everything will be handed to him. If that’s the case, I say don’t let the door hit in you in the ass on your way out. If he’s not that kinda kid then I apologize. But you’d think being a legacy recruit, he’d want to follow in his fathers footsteps and make his father proud. If he still goes, just another Iowa turncoat, i.e., LaFrentz, Heinrich, French, Barnes, Piersbacher, Carton, Duggan, Lombardi, the other Bohannon brothers, among a few others just to name a few. Between Iowa and ISU, we need to keep this state locked down. No excuses.

Everything that I've read about him points to a solid citizen who comes from a supportive family. They are letting him make his own decision and he is looking around. It's not the same today as it was 20-30 years ago. Back then, almost all of the top kids grew up watching the home state school and it was an upset if they didn't stay home. Kids today travel all over for a school and this is not unique to Iowa kids. Look at the top two California QB's who signed with Clemson and Alabama today, for an example.

So business as usual?

Using 247's system, Iowa is roughly 10 pts from being the 5th place class in the Big Ten (aka literally one 3-star recruit). We're splitting hairs at that point.

Nebraska has always recruited better than us, and we still beat them like rented mules. OSU, Michigan, and PSU will always recruit better than us, but we still compete with them. Wisconsin is the only one of those teams that recruits at the same level as us (if not slightly better), and we're not as far behind them as most think.

We'll be fine.
Define “compete” with them. If you mean Iowa finishing annually behind them in the b10 standings then that isn’t “competing” in my world. That’s finishing in the standings where your recruiting says you are going to. Until iowa starts to recruit skill positions, they’ll always be average under this staff in recruiting rankings and in conference standings

Bollers has been fairly candid about his desire to sign with the biggest "name" program he can. He's pushing hard for a blue-blood offer. If he doesn't get it, like others have pointed out, he'll probably focus on a 3-4 scheme, a la, Wisconsin.

Nebraska under Frost throws out an ungodly amount of offers, and they take low character guys. This is why you see their classes as good as they are. I am not saying they are all like this, but the proof is in the pudding. I also believe that Frost and the AD are win at all costs.
The state of Nebraska is filled with "winners" they deserve a winning program. :)

Define “compete” with them. If you mean Iowa finishing annually behind them in the b10 standings then that isn’t “competing” in my world. That’s finishing in the standings where your recruiting says you are going to. Until iowa starts to recruit skill positions, they’ll always be average under this staff in recruiting rankings and in conference standings
Let me know when "your world" correlates to real world wins and losses.

So let's analyze this statement. Here are Iowa's conference recruiting rankings:

Currently 7th
2019 - 9th
2018 - 8th
2017 - 8th
2016 - 8th
2015 - 13th
2014 - 11th

During that time here is where Iowa ranked in the Big Ten:
Currently 5th (tied)
2018 - 5th (tied)
2017 - 8th (tied)
2016 - 5th (tied)
2015 - 1st
2014 - 6th (tied)
2013 - 4th (tied)

hmmmm.......

Does the kid as you say just want to play away from home or just not a hawk fan, or what??

Not sure. You know though. I've always wondered if being a local recruit works at a disadvantage for some programs. Young players that want to get away from home and spread their wings. I kind of wonder if that is what happen to Oliver Martin.

I think sometimes it can work the opposite of what people think.

We don’t know what the Iowa staff are saying to this kid. We also don’t know if he’s a perfect fit. He may just be one of those self entitled prima Donna types that thinks everything will be handed to him. If that’s the case, I say don’t let the door hit in you in the ass on your way out. If he’s not that kinda kid then I apologize. But you’d think being a legacy recruit, he’d want to follow in his fathers footsteps and make his father proud. If he still goes, just another Iowa turncoat, i.e., LaFrentz, Heinrich, French, Barnes, Piersbacher, Carton, Duggan, Lombardi, the other Bohannon brothers, among a few others just to name a few. Between Iowa and ISU, we need to keep this state locked down. No excuses.
I can understand losing Iowa boys to good programs. Don't like it, but I understand it. But the state of Iowa should not be losing players to a has been, wanna be, trash program that is Nebraska.

Not sure. You know though. I've always wondered if being a local recruit works at a disadvantage for some programs. Young players that want to get away from home and spread their wings. I kind of wonder if that is what happen to Oliver Martin.

I think sometimes it can work the opposite of what people think.

So true. Can you really blame a kid for wanting to leave the state of Iowa for college? It just stinks when it's to a regional rival/power like Michigan, OSU, KU basketball, etc.

Bollers feels more comfortable in a 3-4 alignment and would prefer that. If he stays in state, ISU will be the choice. I know the staff is confident in getting all of the in-state recruits from the 21 class the have offered except for Bollers. If TJ were to pick Iowa it will be a surprise.

Bollers would be a nice get but if he were in the 2020 class he’d be the 4th most athletic DL at best definitely behind Jones, Black and Craig. He plays small school ball and has nowhere near the explosion of those other 3. He’d be a nice get but I say, “eh, whatever.”

Bollers would be a nice get but if he were in the 2020 class he’d be the 4th most athletic DL at best definitely behind Jones, Black and Craig. He plays small school ball and has nowhere near the explosion of those other 3. He’d be a nice get but I say, “eh, whatever.”

Sounds you have seen him play or whatever but it also sounds like he could really develop.

If Black’s explosion was significantly better than Bollers he’d been a 5* prospect given his size. I’m going to have to say you’re wrong with that take.

Nebraska has TEN 4* recruits! What in the flying #$%* are they selling? It's so wrong.

Nebraska avg .88
Iowa avg. .86

Nebraska is recruiting whoever and doesn't care about grades, character or even if the kids will fit in well. I expect many to leave after they find out they were sold a bunch of crap. Frost is scrambling evidenced by the jucos, the amount of offers he sends out and by taking whoever (even if they are charged with a felony).

Latest posts