Chances Bollers commits?

KCTrainer

With today being signing day and the 2020 class wrapping up, the coaches will begin focusing even more on that 2021 recruiting class. AJE committed in January of his Jr year and sort of took the lead in that 2017 class. It’s very early still, but Iowa already has 2 Four Stars committed in the 2021 class. I think it’s very possible we see a commitment from T.J Bollers in January/February of 2020 which will is likely to attract more talent to that class.

As it stands today most people who follow this feel Iowa is behind Wisconsin and Nebraska for Bollers. Wisconsin is obviously pitching him on being a stand up outside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme.

I’m not saying Iowa can’t make up ground and still land Bollers, but I’m just telling you this kid is not a lock to Iowa, actually right now it seems more likely that he won’t be going to Iowa.

Luckily we just landed Craig, and are in on some other good DE prospects for 2021.

Is Bollers a legacy??

His dad Trevor played for Iowa. I met Trev once, great guy. He told me when Hayden came to his house to recruit him, that Fry had on his 1991 Rose Bowl cowboy boots on. Trevor said when he saw those boots, he said that he wanted to be a part of Iowa. I think Trevor came from Canada and was a fullback at Iowa.

His dad Trevor played for Iowa. I met Trev once, great guy. He told me when Hayden came to his house to recruit him, that Fry had on his 1991 Rose Bowl cowboy boots on. Trevor said when he saw those boots, he said that he wanted to be a part of Iowa. I think Trevor came from Canada and was a fullback at Iowa.

Yes, the last name sounded familiar. Sounds like this kid is a player so it would be nice to get him. I was also interesting to see in this thread there are already 2 4 star players committed. Nice

Yes, the last name sounded familiar. Sounds like this kid is a player so it would be nice to get him. I was also interesting to see in this thread there are already 2 4 star players committed. Nice
yeah and Nebraska has like 10 4/5 star recruits which worries me. Iowa is middle of the pack recruiting in the BIG. It's Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska then Wisky at the top ..that's what the BIG 10 Network has reported.

Actually, the kid played HS ball and went to HS at Clear Creek in Tiffin, just west of Coralville.

yeah and Nebraska has like 10 4/5 star recruits which worries me. Iowa is middle of the pack recruiting in the BIG. It's Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, Nebraska then Wisky at the top ..that's what the BIG 10 Network has reported.
So business as usual?

Using 247's system, Iowa is roughly 10 pts from being the 5th place class in the Big Ten (aka literally one 3-star recruit). We're splitting hairs at that point.

Nebraska has always recruited better than us, and we still beat them like rented mules. OSU, Michigan, and PSU will always recruit better than us, but we still compete with them. Wisconsin is the only one of those teams that recruits at the same level as us (if not slightly better), and we're not as far behind them as most think.

We'll be fine.

The 2 - 4* comments is about the 2021 class, in which Iowa currently sits 9th nationally and 3rd in the B1G per 247.

So business as usual?

Using 247's system, Iowa is roughly 10 pts from being the 5th place class in the Big Ten (aka literally one 3-star recruit). We're splitting hairs at that point.

Nebraska has always recruited better than us, and we still beat them like rented mules. OSU, Michigan, and PSU will always recruit better than us, but we still compete with them. Wisconsin is the only one of those teams that recruits at the same level as us (if not slightly better), and we're not as far behind them as most think.

We'll be fine.
In our "Trail of Tears" with Wisconsin, poor coaching has hurt Iowa more than poor talent.

In our "Trail of Tears" with Wisconsin, poor coaching has hurt Iowa more than poor talent.

And I would say it isnt necessarily poor coaching as much as not attacking Wisky. 2014 they opened up the offense too late, same last year, 2017 was the only game our offense was clearly manhandled so bad they could hardly move the ball.

Historically Nebraska has had some decent recruiting classes. Their problem is keeping them on the team and developing them. Their attrition rate is always very high.

As it stands today most people who follow this feel Iowa is behind Wisconsin and Nebraska for Bollers. Wisconsin is obviously pitching him on being a stand up outside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme.

I’m not saying Iowa can’t make up ground and still land Bollers, but I’m just telling you this kid is not a lock to Iowa, actually right now it seems more likely that he won’t be going to Iowa.

Luckily we just landed Craig, and are in on some other good DE prospects for 2021.

has craig officially signed?

And I would say it isnt necessarily poor coaching as much as not attacking Wisky. 2014 they opened up the offense too late, same last year, 2017 was the only game our offense was clearly manhandled so bad they could hardly move the ball.
Coaching afraid, on the heels. Outsmarted. Over

yeah and Nebraska has like 10 4/5 star recruits which worries me. Iowa is middle of the pack recruiting in the BIG.
It makes less sense every year. They haven't won anything in a generation. No longer even go to bowls. Don't send very many to the pros. And dumb kids keep going there for some reason.

It makes less sense every year. They haven't won anything in a generation. No longer even go to bowls. Don't send very many to the pros. And dumb kids keep going there for some reason.

I agree, I don't get how they do it. They snagged a dual threat QB out of Alabama who has 4 stars but his only other major offers were from Ole Miss and Louisville. They are pulling these 4 star players out of Florida, Texas, and California. How the heck are they doing it????

We don’t know what the Iowa staff are saying to this kid. We also don’t know if he’s a perfect fit. He may just be one of those self entitled prima Donna types that thinks everything will be handed to him. If that’s the case, I say don’t let the door hit in you in the ass on your way out. If he’s not that kinda kid then I apologize. But you’d think being a legacy recruit, he’d want to follow in his fathers footsteps and make his father proud. If he still goes, just another Iowa turncoat, i.e., LaFrentz, Heinrich, French, Barnes, Piersbacher, Carton, Duggan, Lombardi, the other Bohannon brothers, among a few others just to name a few. Between Iowa and ISU, we need to keep this state locked down. No excuses.