Championship Game Roll Call

Well, I'm sure it was originally $50-90 a ticket when companies like Ticketmaster and Vivid gobbled them up. By the time it actually gets to people that want to go to the game it's up to $300 a ticket for shitty azz seats.
A Hawkeye fan on the Twitters said that in 2015 tix were still $600 three hours before kickoff. At those prices it's not worth it to me. I may still go to Indy since I have a spot in a hotel room with friends, but just find an Iowa bar to watch the game at.

Last edited:
Ahhh gotcha. I knew I had seen that before but I was looking on the desktop site.

I don't get to request tickets; with the mobile passes you don't get any season ticketholder privileges. Which is ok with me given the low cost.

Gotcha, I was wondering if you could even request them with a mobile pass. So that adds another reason why I'll keep my season tickets. Hell I could resell my tickets on Thursday and probably pay for my season tickets.

A Hawkeye fan on the Twitters said that in 2015 tix were still $600 three hours before kickoff. At those prices isn't not worth it to me. I may still go to Indy since I have a spot in a hotel room with friends, but just find an Iowa bar to watch the game at.
One of our territory sales managers where I work lives a half hour north of Indianapolis...Indiana grad and fan but super good dude...he emailed a couple of us Hawk fans in our main office this morning and said we have a standing offer for free room and board, but those fuckin tickets are outrageous.

Gotcha, I was wondering if you could even request them with a mobile pass. So that adds another reason why I'll keep my season tickets. Hell I could resell my tickets on Thursday and probably pay for my season tickets.
True enough. That's assuming Iowa makes Indy next year, though ;)

True enough. That's assuming Iowa makes Indy next year, though ;)

Not sure about that but I should be able to get bowl game tickets which, depending on the bowl, might be important.

If Iowa goes to the Citrus I'll probably go as I've got family an hour away that I can stay with. Rose Bowl I'll request tickets and resell them if I'm lucky enough to get any. My damn kids cost too much around Xmas time to afford a trip too California this time of the year.

I've thought about that for my wrestling season tix, I'm down fairly low in Carver and I could probably quadruple my money for the entire year on Penn State dual, but my kid would disown me if I did that.

I've thought about that for my wrestling season tix, I'm down fairly low in Carver and I could probably quadruple my money for the entire year on Penn State dual, but my kid would disown me if I did that.

I was wondering if you made it to the Oregon State dual since they changed the date.

You freaking drive 4.5 hrs to go to all football games and wrestling meets?!! I suspect you cherry pick the wrestling meets, right?

You freaking drive 4.5 hrs to go to all football games and wrestling meets?!! I suspect you cherry pick the wrestling meets, right?
5.5 hours

Wrestling I’ll be at 5 out of 6 meets. Couldn’t go this past weekend because of Thanksgiving stuff but I’ll make all the rest of them.

The only one that’ll suck is Purdue. We wrestle Minnesota at home Friday evening, then Purdue at home on Sunday. I don’t really want to pay for a hotel Saturday because we’ll just sit around all day, but it is what it is. I don’t have any friends or family in IC and don’t want to spend a ton of money going out and finding stuff to do.

Wrestling I’m not quite as hardcore as football, but I’ll never give mine up because they’re good seats that I got lucky to get. This year I’ll make all but this past weekend, though.

I am not a big donor but wonder if the priority I have built up would get me tickets through the University. I have not seen anything from them, but I am curious. They would email if that is an avenue for donors. I have always been able to get tickets in Ames, and Nebraska. And as we all know Nebbie sells out every game!

I am not a big donor but wonder if the priority I have built up would get me tickets through the University. I have not seen anything from them, but I am curious. They would email if that is an avenue for donors. I have always been able to get tickets in Ames, and Nebraska. And as we all know Nebbie sells out every game!
Emails went out back in October, I think it’s too late to request tickets now. Are you a season ticket holder?

No tickets left. You have to go through secondary market.

Latest posts