CFP Ranking prediction thread

shonblatt

Who ya got? I say the top 5 remains unchanged and below that are some big changes.

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Notre Dame
5 Iowa
6 Oklahoma (+6)
7 Oklahoma State (+1)
8 Michigan State (+5)
9 Florida (+2)
10 Michigan (+4)
11 TCU (+4)
12 Baylor (-6)
13 Florida State (+3)
14 Northwestern (+4)
15 North Carolina (+8)
dropped: Stanford, LSU, Utah

I just don't care. The whole system is crap and a joke. If you are going to have playoffs, every conference champion needs to make it. They either need to swallow up the Big12 and go to 4 super conference (This would be ideal) or expand it to 6 or 8 teams.

Don't care because Iowa controls its destiny, that said don't be surprised if one of the Oklahoma teams jumps Iowa. This committee is bi-Polar.

Don't care because Iowa controls its destiny, that said don't be surprised if one of the Oklahoma teams jumps Iowa. This committee is bi-Polar.

Agree for the most part, 'cept I think both okie schools jump us and we come in at 7. The pressure will be on the committee big time to get us out of the way unless we can run the table and there's no choice for the system. My main reason is the Okie State / Okie game coming up in a couple weeks. I'm sure the Network and advertising execs are on the phone constantly to committee members to get them ranked as high and close as possible. Business folks, business. Shouldn't be a factor, but we all know it is.
Just a side note, it pi**es me off about 1 loss teams getting more hype and attention than we are. A loss should be a loss...regardless of when, why or where it occurred. If teams get a frikkin' pass because they lost at the end of September then maybe the selection process should only start with what all teams have done in the past 6 weeks. Just grates on me when listening to all the 'experts' dismiss Okie / Texas, 'Bama / Ole Miss etc. Hell, it's been kicked around that a 2 loss Stanford still has a shot. In a lot of minds anybody but Iowa, it seems.

I think Iowa drops only because that's what everyone wants. Alabama could lose a second game and there would be people claiming Alabama deserves to be in before Iowa. Until we run the table including the BIG championship game, and that might have to be a convincing win. After that Iowa moves into the top 4.

A talking head just had us at 7, with OK at 4, ND at 5, and OkSt at 6.

Winner of Bedlam jumps us I'll bet, even if we are undefeated, with the understanding that only if we are 13-0 do we jump to #4. Believe this, the highest we ever get is #4, barring losses by at least 3-4 of the other top 6.

I find it all....meh.

Keep winning and F their "eyeball test" bs.

I'm gonna go with:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Notre Dame
6. Okie State
7. Oklahoma
8. Michigan State
9. Florida
10. Michigan

The committee would have to be complete idiots to put Oklahoma and Oklahoma State over us. My prediction is...

Clemson
Alabama
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Iowa

Top 5 stay the same with Oklahoma State moving up to 6 and Oklahoma up to 7. I can't see any way barely beating a terrible ISU team allows you to jump someone who also won.

I definitely think the Hawks drop to 6 or 7. Giving up needless, crappy touchdowns to Minnesota was not a good thing. The whole prevent debacle at the end was huge in the CFP ranking realm if you give a ****, which I don't. Might not seem like a big deal, but Daniels' last TD put an explanation point on the win. Then MN erased it by walking down the entire field untouched. If they didn't burn the TOs the outcome could have been totally different.

But...I don't care. The Hawkeyes could drop anywhere in the standings and if they win out they'll be in. If they lose once they're out. It's been beat absolutely to death but it's as simple as that. Why would anyone care one bit what Iowa's ranking is.

A talking head just had us at 7, with OK at 4, ND at 5, and OkSt at 6.

Winner of Bedlam jumps us I'll bet, even if we are undefeated, with the understanding that only if we are 13-0 do we jump to #4. Believe this, the highest we ever get is #4, barring losses by at least 3-4 of the other top 6.

I find it all....meh.

Keep winning and F their "eyeball test" bs.

Okie 4 lol who the heck was this talking head? He honestly thinks they go from 12th to 4th lmao!!!

Latest posts