CFB Playoff Thread

Committee just gave the crystal to Alabama. No way they lose to Michigan especially if they play the way they did last night. Texas will roll Washington. Love the Huskies but way to many close games down the stretch. Then 'bama will extract revenge on the hearts of Texas and Saban will look like a god for other year.

The committee chair has said specifically it’s about the “best” teams and not the most deserving. Which seems like bullshit, but he was super clear on this point.

To me that says AL and TX are in, FSU is not.
FSU and Ohio State would make a great bowl matchup, but OSU is probably Rose Bowl bound against a PAC-12 school.

FSU might draw Penn State and would probably destroy them.

If we are talking about the four best teams then Alabama should be in. If we are talking about the four teams that deserve to get in FSU should be included.

It depends on your own personal philosophy: Do you want the four best teams or the four most deserving? The line between best and deserving is very murky.

If you just want to pick "best", why even have a season? I can't believe an undefeated P5 champ gets left out because they lost the beauty contest...bullshit.

If you just want to pick "best", why even have a season? I can't believe an undefeated P5 champ gets left out because they lost the beauty contest...bullshit.

The problem is $$$.
TV/hype money, specifically.
Obviously they don't care about deciding a champion on the field. I guess they have that pre-Sears trophy mentality of "too many teams, not enough weeks...let's just make money how we can". Which of course, was always at odds with the Bowl committees who had preferences of teams over matchups. So...they just let the writers pick a mythical champ.

I mean...the conferences give us a way out. They're just like conferences and divisions in any other sport. The only difference is...yes...there are still more teams and not enough weeks. But that only means there's no room for wildcards.

Yes, we will have "boring matchups" like Marshall getting smashed by Alabama. (Or Cindarella stories). And yes, we might have a Diamondbacks/Rangers final nobody wants to see. But, they won their games and deserve it. That's what champions do.

I think it was intentional to get FSU to leave the ACC. (Tin foil hat).

Committee just gave the crystal to Alabama. No way they lose to Michigan especially if they play the way they did last night. Texas will roll Washington. Love the Huskies but way to many close games down the stretch. Then 'bama will exact revenge on the hearts of Texas and Saban will look like a god for other year.
Giving no credit to the Iowa defense? I haven’t watched Alabama much but the little that I did watch was very unimpressive. Michigan and Ohio State should have won their CFP games last year. I could be wrong and I am biased but I’m cheering for Michigan to win it all now. I know that they don’t deserve to even be in the playoffs based on their sign stealing scandal but I want them to win to further validate my biased opinion that the Iowa defense is one of if not the best in the country.

Latest posts