Cezar Guerrero and Jarryd Cole

JDavis11

Two great reasons to get to CHA this Saturday. Jarryd Cole and team deserve a lot of credit for giving it their all this year even when they were outmatched.

Cezar Guerrero would be one of the biggest commits in the last ten years. Both because he's a great player but would also help us get other recruits. He talked about how cool it was when Oklahoma St chanted his name hopefully we can get our student section getting some chants started.

Watched the Wis-IU game tonite,which was a great game,and senior nite for Jerimiah Rivers. Students were chanting ''Je- ri- mi- ah'' thruout the game when Rivers was on the floor. They only have 3 wins in the league but it was a full house.

I hope the students will chant ''Jar-ryd-Cole'' and ''Hail Cezar'' thruout the game...and bring a full house.

IU always has a full house, doesn't matter if its senior day or not. wish hawk fans were the same but we only support basketball if we are winning. IU supports them no matter what.

IU always has a full house, doesn't matter if its senior day or not. wish hawk fans were the same but we only support basketball if we are winning. IU supports them no matter what.

Yet they dont support their football team at all. If I had to pick between a packed Kinnick or a packed Carver, its a no brainer.

I think some people here are getting too wrapped up in this recruit. I can only imagine in February of 2012 when we start seeing posts like "What is Cezar Guerro giving us?" after he slumps for a few games.

Support this team, I have no ill-will against this year's Iowa basketball team. Get a W and send out a guy who's dealt with a lot of BS the last 4 years on a high note. He stuck around through 3 coaching staffs and a lot of losing, that takes a lot...

Lotta respect for Jarryd Cole from this Cyclone...

IU fans do support their team well,even in losing times,but the Iowa game earlier this year was one of their first sellouts this year.
They sell out for Purdue,and senior nite,but not all of their games.

Still, point taken,they do support well.

I think some people here are getting too wrapped up in this recruit. I can only imagine in February of 2012 when we start seeing posts like "What is Cezar Guerro giving us?" after he slumps for a few games.

Are Iowa fans allowed to get excited about any recruit or potential recruit. You say White isn't going to upgrade the team in another thread. Now Guerro won't help. Should we discontinue Division 1 basketball at Iowa? Is there a player out there that meets your criteria? Sometimes the glass really is half full.

Are Iowa fans allowed to get excited about any recruit or potential recruit. You say White isn't going to upgrade the team in another thread. Now Guerro won't help. Should we discontinue Division 1 basketball at Iowa? Is there a player out there that meets your criteria? Sometimes the glass really is half full.

Spare this incredulous crap. You know what I said. I have no problem with being excited about a recruit, but I do have a problem with treating recruits like potential saviors. There is not a neo out there that is going to lead us against the machines.

See, my problem is when idiots raise their expectations to unrealistic levels, and then lash out at the players when they fail to reach them. And trust me, there will be idiots who are worshipping the groud White and Guerrero walk on right now that will turn against them and blame them when they slump next year.

I don't know that much about basketball, but I do know people, and people will behave exactly like this in 11 months. Bank on that.

Spare this incredulous crap. You know what I said. I have no problem with being excited about a recruit, but I do have a problem with treating recruits like potential saviors. There is not a neo out there that is going to lead us against the machines.

See, my problem is when idiots raise their expectations to unrealistic levels, and then lash out at the players when they fail to reach them. And trust me, there will be idiots who are worshipping the groud White and Guerrero walk on right now that will turn against them and blame them when they slump next year.

I don't know that much about basketball, but I do know people, and people will behave exactly like this in 11 months. Bank on that.
What if Guerrero doesnt slump and can be the savior of Iowa?

Hoping the cheerleaders can discard some of their usual fare and try something really fun, such as having one side of Carver Hawkeye yell JARRYD and the opposite side yell COLE and eventually one side yelling HAIL and the other CEZAR.

Yeah, I know CHA is a bowl so there aren't really two sides; let the cheerleaders sort out who does what.

Fair enough...and for the record I'm not one of those people. Look at any of my posts and you will see that I'm eternally optimistic. I'm also more than willing to go on record saying Iowa will win at least 8 conference games next year.

Latest posts