Castro

This team reminds me a lot of the last Chicago Bears team that played in a Super Bowl. Awesome defense that carried the team to the Super Bowl. You felt it was an act of God that they got that far because the offense absolutely sucked. Yes the Bears lost in the Super Bowl.

Hot Take

The 5 star(Nwankpa) has been the weak link in the secondary this year. Would this secondary be better off with Castro/Schulte as the safeties, Lee/Harris at the corners and Dejean at the Cash? Dejean would be able to get his hands on the ball more playing the Cash spot.

- OR-

It is late in the year and you don’t f*ck with the great chemistry they have.

Hot take expiring in 5,4,3,2,1.

Hot Take

The 5 star(Nwankpa) has been the weak link in the secondary this year. Would this secondary be better off with Castro/Schulte as the safeties, Lee/Harris at the corners and Dejean at the Cash? Dejean would be able to get his hands on the ball more playing the Cash spot.

- OR-

Here's a play that won't show up in the box score, that no one is talking about, but might have saved the game.

Mason Richman sticking his hand in there at the last minute and stripping the certain INT from the Badger lineman.

That was ungodly huge. That was a certain game leading field goal if he hangs on to it. Instead Taylor pins them deep (again) and we get a safety out of it (and Wisconsin was very lucky it was only a safety).

As for X, he disappointed me early in the year. Bad angles, bad coverage angles. Not building off his huge bowl game back in January.

But he may be coming on. That was his best game yet yesterday. He was active in run support, got his hands on a couple passes for deflections.

If he can be the yang to Cooper's Ying we could be a tough out in Indy. Much tougher than we were a few weeks ago in Happy Valley.

Would I like to see Cooper at cash? Sure, but man has Castro settled into ithe position. Jackson is settling in nicely as well after a little takeoff turbulence.

One more note. I think Kirk outcoached Luke. Luke's decision to go for it in easy field goal range early on was a head scratcher. History says points are hard to come by in this series and we made the same mistake early in the 2018 game. That was three sure points they sure could have used. Then again it was Luke's first game in this series while Kirk between his tenures as assistant and head coach has been in over thirty.

Another gem or a move was calling TO just before the safety. We definitely dialed up the right defense and again Bucky was lucky it was two and not seven points.

You hit several nails on the head. The announcers were fired up by Richman’s move. Could not fathom a left tackle recognizing an opportunity in the heat of battle. Castro might be charged with assault. He should be convicted.

Hot Take

- OR-

No a bad take, except that Lee and Hall were both unavailable in yesterday's game due to injury. No even sure who the next corner in would be.

Last edited:
Castro was the best player on the field and that's saying something. Williams had himself a day. He almost had 100 yards on top of his 82 yard run. Higgins had a dozen tackles or so like he always does. And no joke Tory Taylor had as large of an impact on a game as he ever has with that one. But Castro made all the big ones in the open field. He is who Wiskys OC is having nightmares about today. Hell of a game by him

Hot Take

- OR-

You don't F with shit now.

Dejean has been covering the best or fastest opposing WR one-on-one. I don't think you want to take that away. It's a luxury to put one guy on an island on the opposing best receiver and not having to have safety help. Look, you only have one Dejean, you can't put him everywhere.

Castro is just all over the place. It's like he has a twin out there. He seems to be the energy of that unit. Lovin' that dude.

I don't think they have a shot at making BT championship. Unfortunately I think BT Championship would be a tougher match up then PSU.
Don't have a shot at making it to the B1G CG? The Hawks will be favored in all of their remaining games. Now, it doesn't mean they win them all, but I think saying they have no shot is a little Debbie-Downer of you with the given circumstances. Bucky is the only team in the West that has a realistic opportunity of winning the West other than the Hawks, and they are staring at an almost certain loss to the Bucknuts. Remember, we have the tie-breaker. Bucky's remaining schedule isn't great, but neither are they. It wouldn't be crazy if they were upset along the path, as well. If we only get upset once in the remaining games, we are an absolute shoe-in for the B!G CG. Two upsets, then it gets dicey, but still very plausible, yet.

Last edited:
Don't have a shot at making it to the B1G CC? The Hawks will be favored in all of their remaining games. Now, it doesn't mean they win them all, but I think saying they have no shot is a little Debbie-Downer of you with the given circumstances. Bucky is the only team in the West that has a realistic opportunity of winning the West other than the Hawks, and they are staring at an almost certain loss to the Bucknuts. Remember, we have the tie-breaker. Bucky's remaining schedule isn't great, but neither are they. It wouldn't be crazy if they were upset along the path, as well. If we only get upset once in the remaining games, we are an absolute shoe-in for the B!G CC. Two upsets, then it gets dicey, but still very plausible, yet.

It's really almost anyone's at this point. Sure, Illinois looks awful but Bielema knows the recipe for winning in late October and November and maybe they could come on. Maybe Braska finds something (I doubt it). There's a ton of variability in the college game. Hell, we could lose Deacon on the third snap of the game this week and lose out.

It's really almost anyone's at this point. Sure, Illinois looks awful but Bielema knows the recipe for winning in late October and November and maybe they could come on. Maybe Braska finds something (I doubt it). There's a ton of variability in the college game. Hell, we could lose Deacon on the third snap of the game this week and lose out.
Don't have a shot at making it to the B1G CC? The Hawks will be favored in all of their remaining games. Now, it doesn't mean they win them all, but I think saying they have no shot is a little Debbie-Downer of you with the given circumstances. Bucky is the only team in the West that has a realistic opportunity of winning the West other than the Hawks, and they are staring at an almost certain loss to the Bucknuts. Remember, we have the tie-breaker. Bucky's remaining schedule isn't great, but neither are they. It wouldn't be crazy if they were upset along the path, as well. If we only get upset once in the remaining games, we are an absolute shoe-in for the B!G CC. Two upsets, then it gets dicey, but still very plausible, yet.
Think he means Penn State doesn't have a chance, although I disagree with it, I think we are more likely to make the title game compared to Pedo state

Latest posts