Castro

It's really almost anyone's at this point. Sure, Illinois looks awful but Bielema knows the recipe for winning in late October and November and maybe they could come on. Maybe Braska finds something (I doubt it). There's a ton of variability in the college game. Hell, we could lose Deacon on the third snap of the game this week and lose out.
Nebraska scares me. They know how to attack a Parker defense. In the past you could always count on them to do Nebraska things like turn the ball over or allow a punt to be blocked. When you really think about it, they should have at least a five game game heater on us but until last year always find a way to Frost it.

Don't have a shot at making it to the B1G CC? The Hawks will be favored in all of their remaining games. Now, it doesn't mean they win them all, but I think saying they have no shot is a little Debbie-Downer of you with the given circumstances. Bucky is the only team in the West that has a realistic opportunity of winning the West other than the Hawks, and they are staring at an almost certain loss to the Bucknuts. Remember, we have the tie-breaker. Bucky's remaining schedule isn't great, but neither are they. It wouldn't be crazy if they were upset along the path, as well. If we only get upset once in the remaining games, we are an absolute shoe-in for the B!G CC. Two upsets, then it gets dicey, but still very plausible, yet.

Sorry should have specified... When I said "they" I meant PSU. I don't see them coming out on top in the east.

I've cussed Castro a few times for missed tackles, but he always redeems himself with a big hit or a big play. More often than not, he is always in position and this defense doesn't have the big names like a Jack Campbell, but definitely get after it. I'm more impressed with how they play team defense than last year. Any word on Noah Shannon? I would love to see him in the rotation again.

Hot Take

The 5 star(Nwankpa) has been the weak link in the secondary this year. Would this secondary be better off with Castro/Schulte as the safeties, Lee/Harris at the corners and Dejean at the Cash? Dejean would be able to get his hands on the ball more playing the Cash spot.

- OR-

It is late in the year and you don’t f*ck with the great chemistry they have.

Hot take expiring in 5,4,3,2,1.

Yah. So, here's my take on the guy.

I think he's the most bored player on the team. I can't name one instance where he repeatedly got beat/burned/torched/etc or even 'tested'. Granted, I didn't see the PSU game (thankfully I was busy and I'm not rewatching that steaming pile). About the only possible thing I can lay on him was the WMU TD? And I have no clue if that was even possibly on him or not. So,yeah...he's not making picks or athletic breakups on critical deep balls. But how many have even been tried?

I'm not worried about him in the least. And, yeah. Don't change a thing on defense.