Carver needs a gimmick and this is it

Correct me if I'm being "whooshed", but is this a test to figure out who actually went to games this year? Because Carver has a DJ. And the gimmick they need is winning and getting students courtside. Winning is Fran's job, getting students courtside can be done other ways.

I've long thought it too tedious to get to carver (15-20 minute walk from the CLOSEST dorm and 45-60+ minutes from the outer reaches of student land) so a solution would be to bus people in. But that only works if it's faster, and it's never faster on the gameday buses unless you go over an hour before tipoff, which when you're studying and the point is to save time, is not feasible.

Radical solution: no parking in part of the dental lot right by Carver to allow a dedicated lane of traffic/turn around for cambuses that shuttles from dorms/downtown to the game. One bus per minute in the hour preceding and directly following the game with a goal of busing 3000 students to every game. Make a 20-60 minute walk into a 5 minute ride and you'll get a significantly more energetic crowd.

Wow! You stand up when the entire arena stands? That's really great of you Qtips.
Really had to stretch to find a way to piss on my post. Nice. Have you ever been to CHA? When the team gets on a roll, the crowd jumps to their feet. On second thought, have you ever been to a basketball game?

Correct me if I'm being "whooshed", but is this a test to figure out who actually went to games this year? Because Carver has a DJ
Playing Sweet Caroline once a half is not what I call having a DJ. Read the link in the first post of this thread. THAT'S a DJ.
I know it never will happen at CHA. As long as the blue hair brigade is given all the best seats and students are relegated to the area behind the baskets, the atmosphere of Carver will remain that of your typical morgue.

Really had to stretch to find a way to piss on my post. Nice. Have you ever been to CHA? When the team gets on a roll, the crowd jumps to their feet. On second thought, have you ever been to a basketball game?

Been there a couple times. Season ticket holder.

Again, you reposted 2nd time that you stand up when everyone else does? Good job! I love Qtips.

Playing Sweet Caroline once a half is not what I call having a DJ. Read the link in the first post of this thread. THAT'S a DJ.
I know it never will happen at CHA. As long as the blue hair brigade is given all the best seats and students are relegated to the area behind the baskets, the atmosphere of Carver will remain that of your typical morgue.

Ah, that's a solid criticism. They did have a DJ every game this season standing by the band casually mixing songs before the games got started. But during the breaks in the game it is still the same ole stuff.

There are a number of ways to alleviate the problem, and a solid DJ would be a good start. However, I completely agree that something needs to change with the constitution of the crowd. I wonder if there was a rule that all students could get in free if a game wasn't sold out if that would help things? Then offer leftover tickets to the public for $5.