Carver Arena Renovations

ldavid20

I am sure they already have a courts design decided upon. And I remember reading on TOS that someone asked barta about using the flying tigerhawk logo instead of the modern tigerhawk and he responded that they had to use the modern logo for branding purposes(which i totally understand)... anyway I had a spare night at home and it got me thinking about how they could use both....

Here is what I came up with...

http://www.courtsidedbq.com/download/carver-hawkeye-arena-sm.jpg

ps. I posted this on rivals and got great response (yes i frequent both) so i sent it on to Barta, Coach McCaffery and staff.

I heard that they are implementing the same seating concept as kinnick? why? who would pay more money on top of their season tickets for a basketball season that has been terrible the last 4-5 years. Shouldn't they start that process when the team is winning more consistently and or getting to the NCAA tourney on a regular basis? That does not make any sense.

I love the court design BTW.

That is AWESOME!!! See, THIS is why I can't stand Oregon's court. You can do really cool without going WAY over the top.

The only change I'd make is either make the lanes gold (and keep the baseline/sidelines black) and make the B1G logo black, or just make keeps the lanes as is and make the B1G gold.

Good job, although im not a fan of the shadow or hidden logos...Especially when they take up 3/4 of the court.

I heard that they are implementing the same seating concept as kinnick? why? who would pay more money on top of their season tickets for a basketball season that has been terrible the last 4-5 years. Shouldn't they start that process when the team is winning more consistently and or getting to the NCAA tourney on a regular basis? That does not make any sense.

Apparently a whole lot of people will. Last year was my first year as a season ticket holder so I am not able to select my seats for another week and a half. As you can see from this link my options are pretty limited as far as quality seats go. Most of the 600.00 per seat donation seats have already been selected.
A whole lot of money has been raised from this process, which indicates a ton of enthusiasm for what Fran is doing. Hopefully they can use some of this money to redo the court, it certainly needs it and I love the design with the old flying Herkey in the background.

Carver-Hawkeye Revitalization - Men's Basketball: View/Select Your Seats

At first I thought "well that it isn't much different from what's there right now," but then I went back and looked again, and it's very nice. Excellent work.

This is a FABULOUS floor design. The flying Hawk in the background is no less than awesome. If Iowa doesn't at least adopt that aspect of your creative work, they'll be making a huge mistake.

But my brothers and I have sent proposals to the powers that be over the years, and nothing ever came of it...until years and years later when, with no acknowledgement, Iowa adopted most of the suggestions we had made. So super job, but don't hold your breath...

This is a FABULOUS floor design. The flying Hawk in the background is no less than awesome. If Iowa doesn't at least adopt that aspect of your creative work, they'll be making a huge mistake.

But my brothers and I have sent proposals to the powers that be over the years, and nothing ever came of it...until years and years later when, with no acknowledgement, Iowa adopted most of the suggestions we had made. So super job, but don't hold your breath...

Such as?

"Not going to happen

They already have a new floor designed"

Curious as to how you know that? I love the design on this thread. What if we made it into a poll and attempted to get as many people to give their approval as possible? Then resend it to Barta and Fran.

Not bad at all! I would make the post are yellow. Would also put Hawkeyes in front of both benches instead of on the baseline, maybe just put Iowa on either sidae of the baseket.

Firstly, you did an awesome job with the design. I'm going to throw out an objection here, so first and foremost I want to make sure I say I think the work you did was excellent.

That said, my personal preference would be something more old school - I want the yellow back w/parquet. That's just the way I am though - I could see others (and probably recruits, too) really liking your design.

Would I hate to see a "watermark" type design put on the floor? No. But it would definitely be down on my personal list behind all the old-school, back to basics designs.

Signed,
Gary Barta
(just kidding)

I love the court design BTW.

There will be about 50 plush leather seats courtside for the big donors.

Latest posts