Carton Is A Buckeye

Did he assess everything and figure he could get on the floor the quickest with OSU?

this is a bit of a surprise. I thought UM was in the driver's seat. now, Fran needs to hurry up and get Hutchins on board so we can watch those two go at it for 4 years. man, we need hutchins.

Edit: Watch the 4 second clip of Hutchins running the baseline, catching a pass and setting his feet quickly (takes talent), showing an ultra quick release with a big closing out on him and splashing a 3. My point is to show that this kid has "it" and the talent to succeed in the B1G. He's got a hoops vibe about him. Those that have played hoops your whole life know what I'm getting at. And no, it has zero to do with anything other than his talent level.

Get him on board now, Fran.

Last edited:
Fran has hinted at not taking a PG in 2019 class and going with what he has for next couple seasons. Can’t wait to see JBo/CMac guarding Carton. That will fun.

TIHG, can you recall when Fran hinted? I don't recall it. I think that'd be a mistake on his part.

TIHG, can you recall when Fran hinted? I don't recall it. I think that'd be a mistake on his part.

Think it was Howe that wrote about it and on several podcasts this was discussed that Fran had mentioned as a possibility. Kakert wrote about this being likely as well.

Anyone outside OSU guess this? I was as wrong as most. I thought Michigan was in the drivers seat for quite awhile now and I imagine they did too so I suppose if anything can we take solace in that Michigan fans are crying today too?

Anyone outside OSU guess this? I was as wrong as most. I thought Michigan was in the drivers seat for quite awhile now and I imagine they did too so I suppose if anything can we take solace in that Michigan fans are crying today too?
Probably no more than a mild disappointment as long as Beilein is still running the show. He'll take whoever signs with him and lead them to another Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight run, if not further. With Ryan gone and potential off the court issues with Izzo, he's the class of the Big Ten right now.

this is a bit of a surprise. I thought UM was in the driver's seat. now, Fran needs to hurry up and get Hutchins on board so we can watch those two go at it for 4 years. man, we need hutchins.

Edit: Watch the 4 second clip of Hutchins running the baseline, catching a pass and setting his feet quickly (takes talent), showing an ultra quick release with a big closing out on him and splashing a 3. My point is to show that this kid has "it" and the talent to succeed in the B1G. He's got a hoops vibe about him. Those that have played hoops your whole life know what I'm getting at. And no, it has zero to do with anything other than his talent level.

Get him on board now, Fran.

If Hutchins is to receive an offer, expect it to happen in the first two weeks of August. If it doesn't happen by then, the lack of an offer almost certainly is a sign that Fran is standing pat with his current guards for this cycle.

Think it was Howe that wrote about it and on several podcasts this was discussed that Fran had mentioned as a possibility. Kakert wrote about this being likely as well.

ty TIHG. i really think that is playing with fire if we don't take pg in '19. again, if you miss on a '20, then you only have Connor. that's it.

I said it before all 3 of those people. Just sayin

I think the big tell was when Fran said awhile ago that the would only bring in a "game changer" at PG like Carton. It was Carton or bust at PG for the '19 class.

ty TIHG. i really think that is playing with fire if we don't take pg in '19. again, if you miss on a '20, then you only have Connor. that's it.

I don't see how this is a big deal really, it is college BB. You usually have a position that you need to address. Heck you might lose someone to the NBA draft or transfer in the spring and you gotta find something on the transfer market right then and there.

I think the big tell was when Fran said awhile ago that the would only bring in a "game changer" at PG like Carton. It was Carton or bust at PG for the '19 class.

I don't see how this is a big deal really, it is college BB. You usually have a position that you need to address. Heck you might lose someone to the NBA draft or transfer in the spring and you gotta find something on the transfer market right then and there.

it's a big deal because a lack of a true pg, with all the attributes a true pg would have (ball handling, foot speed, lateral quickness) is what we are missing right now. to wait until '20 to "possibly" land a pg would be a mistake. If you miss on your priority targets, then we only have Connor to play pg and then another lower priority FR pg. if we bring in one of the '19's that we're looking at (who do have B1G talent, in my opinion) then you stem the tide. it's just too risky to not sign a pg in '19.

Yes, get a '19 if you can and if the scholly is available. You can worry about '20 next year. And if Hutchins or another potential '19 work out you may not even need a '20. You will actually have to replace a lot of threes, fours and fives with that class as it is.

If Fran doesn't take a '19 point guard he leaves himself no wiggle room for '20. He must sign one for '20, no excuses. Get it done.

Last edited:

Latest posts