Canzeri Injury

This is obviously the way Kirk wants it, (it meaning the running backs get tackled in practice and the survivors see the field in the fall)
otherwise one would think he'd have leaned by now. Especially since the "no more RB tackling comment" of two years ago.

You guys need to go to a full-time 5 wide set before someone dies.

Maybe Johnny Moxon can bring the Oopty-Oop to IC.

This is obviously the way Kirk wants it, (it meaning the running backs get tackled in practice and the survivors see the field in the fall)
otherwise one would think he'd have leaned by now. Especially since the "no more RB tackling comment" of two years ago.

He couldn't planted wrong before a cut, someone could've accidentally fell on him... you never know.

Is it weird that I kind of expected this to happen? I mean seriously we are all used to this news by now.

He couldn't planted wrong before a cut, someone could've accidentally fell on him... you never know.

It would have to be one heck of a coincidence. At this point, knowing what we know about the history here the best logic tool we can employ is, Occam's Razor: the simple answer is usually the correct one. In this case it means that the reason for this injury today is probably the same reason for the vast majority of the ones in the past. That reason: Kirk's emphasis on full speed full contact practice is killing our depth. It really is that simple.

Last edited:
Considering prior examples when this happens, Canzeri probably will never play another down for Iowa.

Agree that this is the most likely case scenario, or as the next post stated in re: Hampton; his career is significantly impaired and he might not see any significant minutes ever again.

A knee to ankle brace isn't a brace, it's an immobilizer, and it's common when you have a suspected serious knee injury.

I'm sure this is somehow KOK's fault. His last act of sabotage before taking his talents to South Beach.

It would have to be one heck of a coincidence. At this point, knowing what we know about the history here the best logic tool we can employ is, Occam's Razor: the simple answer is usually the correct one. In this case it means that the reason for this injury today is probably the same reason for the vast majority of the ones in the past. That reason: Kirk's emphasis on full speed full contact practice is killing our depth. It really is that simple.

You realize that the majority of ACL injuries are non-contact, right? You jump, and land on one leg, it can happen (see Jason White of Oklahoma a few years ago).

Full contact may be simpler, but statistics say that's not the likely answer. I'll stick with statistics over philosophy.