Candidates To Replace Kirk

I like Tom Howe of Missouri Southern.

I know that is not a familiar name to most on these forums and that he is a little younger than most head coaches, but the guy can flat-out coach. He would be my pick to replace KF, in the event KF ceases to coach at Iowa.

I would like to see the HC and entire coaching staff at Northwest Missouri State become the Iowa's next coaching staff.

John Clayton reported on ESPN that he's hearing that Brian Kelly "would listen" to NFL teams. He runs an interesting sort of pro-style offense, so it seems realistic. Should that happen, Bobby Diaco could be more enticed to leave, and come be the head coach at Iowa. However, he also could just be the head coach at ND. Speculation, but something to think about.

Just take a look at the coaches of mid to upper level teams from mid-major conferences. Those are Iowa's realistic candidates to replace Kirk when he decides to leave.

Just take a look at the coaches of mid to upper level teams from mid-major conferences. Those are Iowa's realistic candidates to replace Kirk when he decides to leave.

You must be new here. Reasoned posts are unexpected and rather unnatural around here.:p

Jon, you need to keep track of the entries here and give away a free HN T-shirt to the winner.

I'll throw out the name Bobby Elliot.

So when No. Illinois comes to town next year that would be like an impromptu interview for Iowa's next coach.:cool:

Lets be honest, Bob Stoops would turn the Iowa job down in less then 10 seconds. It's reality, no offense.

A young, defensive minded coach would be ideal for you guys.