Candidates To Replace Kirk

greenspade21

First of all I dont think he is going anywhere, but im interested to hear who people would want for a replacement

I like Wisenhunt if he gets let loose down in Arizona...more than likely has no interest coaching in college

Diaco would likely be a hot name also

Thoughts?

Brian Ferentz and when he is ready to move on it will be James Ferentz. Then to top it off after James leaves it will be Stephen.

Write that down, it's a guarantee.

I like Tom Howe of Missouri Southern.

I know that is not a familiar name to most on these forums and that he is a little younger than most head coaches, but the guy can flat-out coach. He would be my pick to replace KF, in the event KF ceases to coach at Iowa.

First of all I dont think he is going anywhere, but im interested to hear who people would want for a replacement

I like Wisenhunt if he gets let loose down in Arizona...more than likely has no interest coaching in college

Diaco would likely be a hot name also

Thoughts?

In all seriousness, what is the draw of Diaco? Is it his past as Iowa or his success so far as an assistant at ND?

In all seriousness, what is the draw of Diaco? Is it his past as Iowa or his success so far as an assistant at ND?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a little bit of both. I think one gives more relevance to the other...

"Look at what Diaco's done at ND, plus he's an Iowa guy!"
"Look at Diaco, he's a former Hawk, plus look at the job he's doing at ND!"

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a little bit of both. I think one gives more relevance to the other...

"Look at what Diaco's done at ND, plus he's an Iowa guy!"
"Look at Diaco, he's a former Hawk, plus look at the job he's doing at ND!"

"Look at Diaco, he forgot to wear pants today and has Hawkeye skibbies on!"

The draw to Diaco is twofold.

1. He played for Iowa and the link to Hayden.

2. He took an absolutely awful defense to greatness, if you think it is what Manti Teo has done for ND, it is more of what Diaco has done for Manti Teo and ND.

If ND wins the NC, which will make me puke by the way, Diaco becomes a very hot name, maybe not this offseason, but definitely next year. Teo becomes a Top 3 pick and further pushes Diaco's rep.

All indications are that this guy is a firey guy, but loves to teach...sound familiar to another coach at Iowa?

It puzzles me that BC passed him over, it really does, but maybe Diaco is waiting to see what Kelly does as well?

The draw to Diaco is twofold.

1. He played for Iowa and the link to Hayden.

2. He took an absolutely awful defense to greatness, if you think it is what Manti Teo has done for ND, it is more of what Diaco has done for Manti Teo and ND.

If ND wins the NC, which will make me puke by the way, Diaco becomes a very hot name, maybe not this offseason, but definitely next year. Teo becomes a Top 3 pick and further pushes Diaco's rep.

All indications are that this guy is a firey guy, but loves to teach...sound familiar to another coach at Iowa?

It puzzles me that BC passed him over, it really does, but maybe Diaco is waiting to see what Kelly does as well?

And who/were do you think he will get the talent that ND has? Not to mention who/will be his assistant coaches?

Bobby Wilder Coach at Old Dominion, dude resurected a program that had actually been dead for 69 years to the most prolific offense in FCS, comes cheap.

Ken Niumatalolo, a coach that runs on offense that relies on strong line play without a lot of "skill" guys and has never had a recruiting advantage, Iowa's resources would be a major upgrade. Don't let Navy's record be a distraction, Paul Johnson has a pretty good thing going at Georgia Tech, and I don't think he has the quality line that Iowa is known for.

Latest posts