Can you find three more wins on the schedule?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I can't. Iowa needs three wins to get to 10 wins...which would mean back to back ten win seasons.

Iowa was a 1.5pt favorite tonight...and I suspect there is just one game left in which they will be a favorite, vs Indy next week when no one will be watching as tip off will be same as one of the NFL conference championship games.

I am so tired of Iowa basketball being irrelevant...I knew it was going to be irrelevant again this year, but nights like tonight just sink me to new lows.

Wasn't everyone getting ****** at me two games ago for suggesting this team was terrible?

We have no real three point threat. I'm not talking about Gatens having the ability. I'm talking about Kent McCausland, Ryan Hogan, Luke Recker... guys who could and would light you up.

We have no inside presence. Basabe is going to be a nice player, but he is far too skinny to be a dominant inside force in the Big 10. Cole has the body but not the skill.

So we have no outside game, and no real inside game. Eric May flying around isn't going to win any games.

We simply lack talent, and if Fran can't recruit at a high level, there is no reason for optimism.

No system, and no coach would take this group of players and turn them into a 15 win team.

Oh, I'll be watching IN PERSON. Taking my son to it. But no, if they play like the last couple of games I don't see it but hopefully they don't.

The depressing thing is that there will be very little turnover on the roster next year. Same ol' same ol' next year.

We have no real three point threat. I'm not talking about Gatens having the ability. I'm talking about Kent McCausland, Ryan Hogan, Luke Recker... guys who could and would light you up.

We have no inside presence. Basabe is going to be a nice player, but he is far too skinny to be a dominant inside force in the Big 10. Cole has the body but not the skill.

So we have no outside game, and no real inside game. Eric May flying around isn't going to win any games.

We simply lack talent, and if Fran can't recruit at a high level, there is no reason for optimism.

No system, and no coach would take this group of players and turn them into a 15 win team.

Just goes to show how bad Iowa basketball has been for the last 10 years if you're trying to pass Ryan Hogan off as a quality player "who could and would light you up".

Can somebody please explain to me what is wrong with Eric May. Is the groin injury worse than we thought? It was like he was invisible tonight. Depressing as hell.

At least May tries to play defense. There are a whole lot of players on that team that made no effort on the defensive end tonight.

Bruce - I watched the Illinois Iowa game and early on it was really apparent visually the difference between the Illinois players and Iowa players. They looked like men, we looked like boys. Physically we are lacking. and that is being kind.

Regarding Cole having the body but not the skill to play inside. that guy is 6'4", maybe 6'5". That's not much body for inside.

We will be underdogs in every game except Indiana at home. There's a possibility we will be favored at home against Michigan and Minne

After last night, we'll be lucky to be favored in ANY game the rest of the year. Clearly being favored can also mean you get thumped by nearly 30.

Have to wonder why the effort wasn't there in entirety again tonight coming off the heals of a similar showing at Lafayette. You're at home vs. one of your better chances for a W and get blown out.

When is the last time an Iowa team could defend the perimeter and identify the shooters with regularity? Probably the last time we had some better athletes and foot speed. Typical of the Hawk games I've viewed thus far is the opposition gets plenty of open shots and we don't.

Speaking of three wins.....when is the last time a Big 10 team went through conference play without a single win?

Hope Fran can bring in some talent soon.

We will be lucky to get one more win this season.

The selling point to recruits at this point has to be immediate PT, although I would wonder about the quality of the player who would come in simply for that reason.

Frustrating night for Hawkeye fans, I think the effort was there in the beginning but like every other big ten team this year, northwestern shoots lights out in the first half against us, we will struggle to win one more game much less 3, this group of players have been beat up for 2-3 straight years, hope they have some fight left.

We will be lucky to get one more win this season.

The selling point to recruits at this point has to be immediate PT, although I would wonder about the quality of the player who would come in simply for that reason.

Well, for one example, immediate PT got Jeff Moe to Iowa. He said after watching Iowa on TV he thought he was better than anybody else we had at guard.

Well, for one example, immediate PT got Jeff Moe to Iowa. He said after watching Iowa on TV he thought he was better than anybody else we had at guard.

If that's the case, there ought to be a bunch of decent players knocking on the door.

I only see one win left, Indiana at home. The team is too small physically to compete against the teams in the B10. Last night was embarrassing, other than Cartwright the other players were awol. The lack of talented recruits concerns me more. I don't think any of Iowa's starters would start for any other team in the conference.

I don't mind the loses with a young team in the process of rebuilding, but I can't stand the blowouts. We should still be "in" many of these games, yet they seem to be over by halftime.

It depends on which Iowa team shows up. The one from the UNI and OSU games or the one from the Purdue and NW games.

This team is inexperienced, has average talent, and is under a new coach.

Before the season, we expected Iowa to lose to teams they shouldn't (SDSU/NW/LBS). Now we just need them to start beaten teams they shouldn't.

I see Iowa beating Indiana at home, beating UM at home (the Wolverines are not good away from Crisler), and then sneaking 1 or 2 more at home. Roadies will be tough.

Interesting how everyone's opinion goes 180 after two bad outings (one on the road to a team that doesn't lose at home and has a double digit win streak and only 1 loss on the year). The NW game was inexcusable.

The Hawkeyes are playing very poorly right now. It's ugly. They have shown potential during this season, though.

We'll see. I just don't think it's time to give up on them yet.

The Hawkeyes are playing very poorly right now. It's ugly. They have shown potential during this season, though.

We'll see. I just don't think it's time to give up on them yet.

Well, it is tough for fans to believe in the team when the team doesn't seem to believe in itself. When an injured Jon Shurna beats the Iowa defense down the court on the break by 20 feet, you know the effort isn't there.

Interesting how everyone's opinion goes 180 after two bad outings (one on the road to a team that doesn't lose at home and has a double digit win streak and only 1 loss on the year). The NW game was inexcusable.

I agree, after the Ohio St game everyones is. this teams not bad, we've turned the corner.... Now it's like chicken little - The sky is falling.

This team is young, we have like 1 senior and 1 junior with any playing time.

Latest posts