Can we start 6-0 next year? Also I think we go 9-3

MrCloseShave

Sparty lost alot to graduation, the Clowns will be tough, but I think we get the W.

My losses are at NW, at Mishagan and home to the Redturds on the 23rd.

2012 Schedule
Sep. 1 Northern Illinois (in Chicago)
Sep. 8 Iowa State
Sep. 15 Northern Iowa
Sep. 22 Central Michigan
Sep. 29 Minnesota
Oct. 6 OPEN DATE
Oct. 13 at Michigan State
Oct. 20 Penn State
Oct. 27 at Northwestern
Nov. 3 at Indiana
Nov. 10 Purdue
Nov. 17 at Michigan
Nov. 23 Nebraska

I'm just hoping we get to 1-0. I believe NIU lost a lot last year, but they've been a pretty salty non-AQ in recent times.

Honestly, I have absolutely no expectations for next year. If we win a bunch or lose a bunch, I'm not going to be surprised.

Also, got to say, it's pretty amazing that we don't play a true road game until middle of October. And we only play one BCS team in the non-conf (at home, of course). Who are we, Wisconsin?

Last edited:
9-3 i think is the top of what we can achieve next year. Central Michigan is a pretty salty team usually.

You said we only play 1 BCS team in non-conf but NIU and CMU are both BCS teams.

Sorry, meant automatic qualifiers to the BCS.

(Also, I don't really hold it against Iowa. It's kinda the way things are going now. The rich are getting richer and the arms race pauses for no one. Got to keep up.)

Last edited:
For the record I'll be happy with 7, I just feel the ball will bounce our way next year, that and CJ F goes nuts......

Expectations should be low. Expecting this team to win 7 or more games is probably unrealistic. Iowa has a new staff, talent gap, inexperience, tough division. RB and DL are going to be frustrating with inexperience at those positions. I wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa finish 4th/5th in division.

Next season is a season to build for the future. Going to be a lot of growing pains but will pay off in 2013. If this team can make it to a bowl game that may be Kirk's best coaching job.

Looking forward to watching the young guys play and grow.

Sparty lost alot to graduation, the Clowns will be tough, but I think we get the W.

My losses are at NW, at Mishagan and home to the Redturds on the 23rd.

2012 Schedule
Sep. 1 Northern Illinois (in Chicago)
Sep. 8 Iowa State
Sep. 15 Northern Iowa
Sep. 22 Central Michigan
Sep. 29 Minnesota
Oct. 6 OPEN DATE
Oct. 13 at Michigan State
Oct. 20 Penn State
Oct. 27 at Northwestern
Nov. 3 at Indiana
Nov. 10 Purdue
Nov. 17 at Michigan
Nov. 23 Nebraska

I was reading a Chi.Trib interview with Pat Fitz of NW and they laid out their losses....9 of 11 starters on a defense that finished 11th in the league, Persa,Ebert,Dunsmore, 3 olinemen, Trumpy has an acl injury,and the next rb,Adonis Jones transferred. So they lose 16 of 22 starters.

We are going to be NW. I think we probably lose at MSU and at Michigan and then maybe to Nebraska. ISU could be tricky. Purdue will be tough.

So...7-5 to 9-3 is my range.

I am not blind to the issues with our football team. However, I think we can start 5-0 or 4-1 if we stumble somewhere. I don't see us beating Sparty or UM. Purdue will be tough and Nebraska will be tough. I will be surprised with anything less than 8-4. I think we will surprise our fanbase this year...in a positive way.

There are just to many unknowns for me to really make a prediction...It's actually kind of exciting.

We have a Sr. QB with some skills. That's huge. If you don't think that's maybe the most favorable schedule in a long time, well, I don't know what to say. Realistically, if things were to come together on the DL, and C. Davis, Cooper, and a freshman emerge, then our defense is going to be pretty damn good. The back seven will be salty and have a ton of experience.

We have talent in the 0-line, they just need 4-5 games to get things on the same page. This schedule allows some growing pains until you hit the MSU game. That's probably a loss, but Sparty lost a ton of talent and will throw a new QB in there.

I'm optimistic.

There are just to many unknowns for me to really make a prediction...It's actually kind of exciting.

I agree, with the new players coming in and all the coaches changes it is really tough to have any kind of idea what to expect this upcoming season.

Latest posts