Can this please end the Lebron-Jordan talk?

wtf is the deal with the MJ v. Lebron debate? A more valid argument would be Lebron v. Karl Malone. 0 titles. Lebron has a long way to go to catch up with Kobe Bryant, let alone the greatest basketball player ever, he's even behind Wade right now. He might be the most athletically talented but he's not the best player. He's not even the best player in this series. Deshawn freaking Stevenson is talking crap, no one talked **** to Jordan because you knew it would end up slapping you right back in the face. Lebron does not instill that kind of fear obviously as a less than 8 ppg, 3 reb, 20 mpg bench player is running his mouth at him.

If I was Pat Riley, I would sit down with LaBron and have a frank talk and see if he really believes LaBron is coachable.

He is NOT a triangle 2 guard. He is a small forward. However, he has not developed the game of a small forward. Too many coaches have just handed him the keys to the car without teaching him to drive first. He needs to learn how to play off ball. He needs to learn how to post smaller 3's. He needs to develop more consistency with his shot.

More and more he reminds me of an AI or Dominique Wilkins type player. Extremely talented, but doesn't work well in the team scheme.

one more time:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wnAUWpoJA]YouTube - ‪It's the Only Argument I Need, Shawn!‬‏[/ame]

Again, we're comparing Lebron (still young with a great future in front of him) and comparing him to MJ, who has completed his career and set the bar as the greatest the sport has seen. I'm not saying Lebron is better than Jordan by any means, but let's give Lebron time to let his career play out before we have this conversation that way there is a common ground. Especially when comparing championships. Not fair to hold MJ's 6 above Lebron's head when (correct me if I'm wrong) Jordan was older than Lebron currently is when he won the first one.

I don't think you can consider age when comparing James to Jordan. You need to look at seasons and games played in the NBA.

Lebron has been in the league 8 years. 627 career games played. Bill Simmons of ESPN wrote a great column not long ago about NBA guards hitting a wall at 900 games.

Basically he has about 3 more years in his athletic prime.

Kobe hit his prime in 2007-2008 at age 29. His 12th season in the league but he didn't play a lot in his rookie season, Lebron started his rookie season.

By no means is his career over but he's like an NFL running back at age 27. He still has time to be great, but its starting to run out.

I don't think you can consider age when comparing James to Jordan. You need to look at seasons and games played in the NBA.

Lebron has been in the league 8 years. 627 career games played. Bill Simmons of ESPN wrote a great column not long ago about NBA guards hitting a wall at 900 games.

Basically he has about 3 more years in his athletic prime.

Kobe hit his prime in 2007-2008 at age 29. His 12th season in the league but he didn't play a lot in his rookie season, Lebron started his rookie season.

By no means is his career over but he's like an NFL running back at age 27. He still has time to be great, but its starting to run out.

Definitely can't disagree with you and very interesting fact. However, I guess my problem with measuring it based on seasons is the fact that Jordan had the benefit of playing college ball for one of the greatest coaches of all time and IMO that is one aspect of the game that players suffer from when they come out early or go straight to the pros. So while the games played is a great way of comparing them, I tend to look the other way simply because from a maturation and mentality angle Lebron's easily two or three years behind.

Definitely can't disagree with you and very interesting fact. However, I guess my problem with measuring it based on seasons is the fact that Jordan had the benefit of playing college ball for one of the greatest coaches of all time and IMO that is one aspect of the game that players suffer from when they come out early or go straight to the pros. So while the games played is a great way of comparing them, I tend to look the other way simply because from a maturation and mentality angle Lebron's easily two or three years behind.
Good points. Some are mentioned in this article as well.

Steve Kerr: LeBron James is no Michael Jordan, more like Scottie Pippen - ESPN Chicago

James averaged 26.7 points per game in the regular season, but just 17.8 in the Finals, the largest discrepancy in history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

:eek:

I saw that this morning. I think the 2nd highest was Wilt and it was like 1.5 pts less than Lebron.

Throw in the 2.5pts/game or whatever in the 4th quarter and that is just terrible.

Michael took a lot of heat for his gambling. There was even speculation that his gambling had something to do with his father's disappearance.

I'd also like to see Bird excluded from being mentioned. Bird is certainly not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Kobe. Not even close.

Indeed.

He was better.

"Athleticism" includes things like hand-eye coordination, court vision, touch, and court sense. Bird had the best hands, eyes, and BBall IQ of any player of his generation. He took over several playoff series in the best talent era the NBA has seen -- and if he relied on "skill" rather than "gift," then we would have seen another one like him, which we haven't, and which we won't. I'd take him over Jordan.

I'd also like to see Bird excluded from being mentioned. Bird is certainly not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Kobe. Not even close.

You post a lot of really strange statements.

MJ could do things Bird couldn't. Bird could do things MJ couldn't. Who I took for my team would depend on the roster around them.

You post a lot of really strange statements.

MJ could do things Bird couldn't. Bird could do things MJ couldn't. Who I took for my team would depend on the roster around them.

Kaldy's hinted at his discriminatory views against whites before in some of his pro-SEC rantings. All I know is that if I advertised on a site, I wouldn't go off on racist rants using my own name.

Kaldy's hinted at his discriminatory views against whites before in some of his pro-SEC rantings. All I know is that if I advertised on a site, I wouldn't go off on racist rants using my own name.

Good point. Surprised JD lets him post some of his garbabge. And we all know he wont come back and explain why Bird should be excluded from said list.

Latest posts