Can this please end the Lebron-Jordan talk?

theboat

For at least a couple of years.
Has James even been on the court in the 4th quarter lately?

LJ has amazing skills for someone his size.

Jordan would rip your still beating heart of and wag it in front of your face. LJ does not have that

Yup. Could you ever imagine Jordan spotting up in the corner for the game winning shot? It is not even a close comparison.

It is a lot like the Marino-Montana stuff. Marino could throw a football a lot better than Montana, but he was nowhere near the level of QB.

There is a lot more to sports than just ability.

Could you imagine Jordan having just three field goals in four, fourth quarters of an NBA finals series combined?

Nope.

LJ has amazing skills for someone his size.

Jordan would rip your still beating heart of and wag it in front of your face. LJ does not have that

Nope, this isn't even his team. It is Wade's team. He's an amazing talent but not on the same level as MJ, Bird, or Magic. Maybe something will change but right now not even close.

No one will ever top Jordan. This isn't a tough discussion right now. Jordan was more than likely the most competitive person to be a star in any sport. Unfair comparison to a 26 year old. People need to stop comparing the two. Jordan is clearly better!

The series is 2-2 and I can't understand how people still feel like Lebron isn't doing anything in games. I can understand that Lebron has said and done some stupid things, but people can't honestly think he is terrible when they are still in the driver's seat to win this series. (As history would show with team winning 1-1 series game) Team that wins 1-1 game in finals is 11-0 in history of finals. They also still have home court.

Many people don't understand basketball and how it is played. NBA is based on best match ups most of the time. Wade against 38 year old Jason Kidd is the match up I would go after too. I'll gurantee that the Heat win this series.

Boat, I have to disagree with you on Montana and Marino comparison. You were right on Marino being a better passer. Montana had much better teams to play with. Montana was great and so was Marino. I have to believe that if Marino would have played for 49ers and Montana played for Dolphins we wouldn't be talking about Montana. Marino went to the super bowl once as a rookie. I grew up a huge Marino fan and have always hated this comparison.

Anyways, just my thoughts on this. I'm just sick of people comparing Jordan/Lebron. I loved Jordan. I like Lebron. Lebron doesn't have Jordan's mental capabilities. Jordan is a guy that is still ****** at his high school coach for cutting him while giving his HOF speech. Tom Brady is the only story that I can relate that to. As far as a mega superstar being ****** daily for someone not recognizing their talents.

Boat, I have to disagree with you on Montana and Marino comparison. You were right on Marino being a better passer. Montana had much better teams to play with. Montana was great and so was Marino. I have to believe that if Marino would have played for 49ers and Montana played for Dolphins we wouldn't be talking about Montana. Marino went to the super bowl once as a rookie. I grew up a huge Marino fan and have always hated this comparison.

People always say that about Montana, but his early super bowls and his late ones were completely different. He was a winner. Heck, he even took the Chiefs to the AFC championship. If you switch them, they would end up in the same place. Montana was a winner, Marino was a passer. One big difference too, Montana helped make a HOF coach, Marino started with one.

I find this awesome actually. And quite funny. I said Wade was.a better all around player than LBJ, and I feel pretty right at the moment.

People always say that about Montana, but his early super bowls and his late ones were completely different. He was a winner. Heck, he even took the Chiefs to the AFC championship. If you switch them, they would end up in the same place. Montana was a winner, Marino was a passer. One big difference too, Montana helped make a HOF coach, Marino started with one.

I'll take Elway over Marino any day of the week. I'll give Joe Cool the slight edge over Elway because of the 4-2 edge in rings.

I hate lebron, but saying wade is a better all around player is ridiculous. Lebron holds a significant edge over wade in defense, passing, and rebounding.

Is LeBron terrible? God no, he's the best player in the game right now (or at least the most skilled, and there can be a big difference between the two). Is he Jordan? Again, God no.

He just really doesn't seem to have that same mental edge that Jordan had. I think part of it may have a little something to do with their backgrounds. I mean when did LeBron taste failure growing up? He was always the superstar, going to the NBA out of high school, etc. He wasn't cut from his freshmen team or anything like that. He had nothing but success, nothing to be bitter about.

To this point, no one is/has been closer to Jordan than Kobe. Kobe isn't quite as good of a player, but he's got a very similar mindset to Jordan. He has that "rip your heart out" mentality. Which some people don't care for, but I've enjoyed getting to see it, since I didn't really get to see Jordan and really appreciate what I was seeing.

My goodness can we let this play out a little bit. One minute he is the best player ever, the next he is not even the best player on his team. James's legacy is still a work in progress.........Jordan had been in the league 7 years before he got his first ring.

The reason James left Cleveland is he got tired of carrying the burden by himself now he is deferring to his teammates. I remember Paxson, Kerr, and BJ all hitting big shots late in games during the Bulls run, even effin Bobby Hansen hit a shot or two.

I find this awesome actually. And quite funny. I said Wade was.a better all around player than LBJ, and I feel pretty right at the moment.

I said about two weeks ago that it can be argued that Lebron isn't the best player on his team and was told I was lying to myself and that it can't be argued.

FWIW here are the points Jordan scored in his Finals games:

36,33,29,28,30,39,39,26,32,46,33,31,42,44,55,41,33,28,29,36, 23,26,22,31,38,26,22,38,38,33,37,24,34,28,45

Latest posts