Campos more important than ever?

I have no complaints if this kid chooses ISU, it's better than both schools loosing out on in-state recruits.

Iowa st. needs to do well in football to justify their exsistance when the Big12 finally dissolves. If they can consistently finish above Baylor, TT, Kstate, Kansas, and be on par with aTm, WV, and TCU I would see that as a great achievement considering it's Iowa freaking st.

Like I said ISU is not on the level of Iowa. It has always been that way. I know people who went to ISU and given the choice they would have rather played or gotten a degree from Iowa.
If the kid goes to ISU, fine. ISU has a fine program, heck there are several schools in Iowa that do. But everybody knows if you want to run with the big dogs, you go to Iowa. It really comes down to drive, and that is all there is to it. That is why I pull so hard for Coe, because he is showing drive. If the talent is there, even if raw, whats left but drive? Drive, to see if you can compete at Iowa, both in school and ball, is different then drive to do the same at ISU. Same as ISU is to CC. Even thou we do have some pretty good CC programs. Iowa>ISU>CC>HS>JV. It's the way it is.

I have no complaints if this kid chooses ISU, it's better than both schools loosing out on in-state recruits.

Iowa st. needs to do well in football to justify their exsistance when the Big12 finally dissolves. If they can consistently finish above Baylor, TT, Kstate, Kansas, and be on par with aTm, WV, and TCU I would see that as a great achievement considering it's Iowa freaking st.

Big XII is not resolving. Funny how that idea still looms in the Iowa fans heads.

Like I said ISU is not on the level of Iowa. It has always been that way. I know people who went to ISU and given the choice they would have rather played or gotten a degree from Iowa.
If the kid goes to ISU, fine. ISU has a fine program, heck there are several schools in Iowa that do. But everybody knows if you want to run with the big dogs, you go to Iowa. It really comes down to drive, and that is all there is to it. That is why I pull so hard for Coe, because he is showing drive. If the talent is there, even if raw, whats left but drive? Drive, to see if you can compete at Iowa, both in school and ball, is different then drive to do the same at ISU. Same as ISU is to CC. Even thou we do have some pretty good CC programs. Iowa>ISU>CC>HS>JV. It's the way it is.

Ha the bolded is laughable. I doubt that is true for a lot of people, maybe a few, that went to ISU as hawk fans.

How are the drive to compete any different at either school? Isn't to succeed both on and off the field the end game for ever player? JFC.

Big XII is not resolving. Funny how that idea still looms in the Iowa fans heads.

Ha the bolded is laughable. I doubt that is true for a lot of people, maybe a few, that went to ISU as hawk fans.

How are the drive to compete any different at either school? Isn't to succeed both on and off the field the end game for ever player? JFC.

Hey, you don't have to beleive me, I really don't care. It's called level of sucess. You see? I mean think of it like this MIT>NU. Get it?
By your argument it would not matter if you went to Iowa, ISU, or some CC. There is a difference (both in ball and degree) and any person with any sort of drive understands that.

ISU seems to be gaining ground in the state, mostly based on the popularity of the coaches and the media darling status they are getting.

and for the first time in many years, that domination may be threatened.

So Campos seems to me to be probably one of the most important in state recruits in years.
Barkley Hill says, "Hi"

Yes, I still think there will be another shift among the conferences down the road. West Virginia will not be in the Big12 in three years book it. If the conference does stay together it'll be because there is nowhere else to go.

Yes, I still think there will be another shift among the conferences down the road. West Virginia will not be in the Big12 in three years book it. If the conference does stay together it'll be because there is nowhere else to go.
All the teams just signed a 6 year grant of media rights. Oh and this little dandy is about to take place that will require all teams to sign over their media rights for 13 more years.

Big 12, ESPN near TV rights extension - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal

In other words, I will label you as #clueless. How "bound" are Big 10 teams?

Nice to see another man-boob competition has broken out.
Usually a select few Hawk fans that put in their digs. I enjoy good conversation with Hawk fans on this site, but then someone has to go and ruin it. I commend HawkfromNorwalk on his OP, straight-forward.

Pat Harty is in and around the Hawkeye football team a ton, he is a good source of knowledge.

Look I have a ton of ISU fans as friends and enjoy talking football with them, that said your above statement is the most idiotic thing I have seen on this board in a long time. Hell I would even let Hlas slide but Harty????? You have got to be kidding my two year old knows more football than that prole.

Look I have a ton of ISU fans as friends and enjoy talking football with them, that said your above statement is the most idiotic thing I have seen on this board in a long time. Hell I would even let Hlas slide but Harty????? You have got to be kidding my two year old knows more football than that prole.
The guy has been covering Iowa sports since I was a little kid. He has been around the block.

The guy has been covering Iowa sports since I was a little kid. He has been around the block.

Covering a sport has nothing to do with being knowledgeable about the sport. My mother has been to almost every Iowa home game for the last 30 years and she couldn't tell you the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3 and I'm pretty sure Harty couldn't either.

Usually a select few Hawk fans that put in their digs. I enjoy good conversation with Hawk fans on this site, but then someone has to go and ruin it. I commend HawkfromNorwalk on his OP, straight-forward.
You're right it is a select few. use your IGNORE function or just ignore them if you don't want to hear their crap. I don't want to hear it either, but you defending the cylcones (as I expect you would as an ISU fan) on a hawkeye board is just a waste of time and in no way productive. I'm sure you hate it when a hawkeye comes to CF with good conversation and it is ruined by some cyclone homer that starts an argument with the Hawk fan. So ignore it or just don't say anything, it's easy.

Your first post in this thread. Do you really expect a post like this to incite "good conversation"?

But the question becomes if he can send them to the NFL why cant he win in college with them? In a couple years Rhoads may have the best of both worlds, I respect HawkfromNorwalk, he nailed it in his first post, Rhoads is becoming a household name. I read a very good article last night about how Ferentz is going down the same path as Fry, there was a lot of truth to it. Iowa gets talent, but for the last two seasons and this upcoming season along who knows how long, the talent is not producing in the college ranks, vintage Fry.

Your first post in this thread. Do you really expect a post like this to incite "good conversation"?

I can see ISUer punching someone in the face, and not understanding why he gets beat down afterwards. "But everything was going just fine! All I did was punch him in the face!"

But the question becomes if he can send them to the NFL why cant he win in college with them? In a couple years Rhoads may have the best of both worlds, I respect HawkfromNorwalk, he nailed it in his first post, Rhoads is becoming a household name. I read a very good article last night about how Ferentz is going down the same path as Fry, there was a lot of truth to it. Iowa gets talent, but for the last two seasons and this upcoming season along who knows how long, the talent is not producing in the college ranks, vintage Fry.

Whoa, slow down....Fry did NOT put the kind of talent in the NFL that KF does and really, the only person you are tricking is you.....I can't predict the future but Texas STILL is Texas and they are coming off 2 very tough seasons.....KF has STILL won a ton of football games in IC and they haven't been outscored by 87 points on a 6-7 campaign…..I mean honestly.

There is no reason why Iowa fans should feel anymore insecure about their position than ISU fans should be excited. We’ve lost to ISU before and we will again…we have also crushed them and in fact have a pretty stout scoring advantage since 2002 so really…..all this is, is posturing plain and simple.

Iowa was once again very competitive and you guys have been here before right, so please. Don’t come on here talking about how close we are……every team in your shoes says that and every team in ours disagrees….very, very silly dialogue.

Well I betchya Campos is hearing more than a few recruiters chime in about Rhoads recent treatment of an injured player. A bit shady in my opinion, but he brought it on himself. I'd certainly think twice about sending my kid to play for a coach who bailed on a kid because he had too much injury trouble.

It's Division 1 ball. Injuries happen all the time. I have a feeling Rhoads is gonna regret that decision. They don't currently have a single verbal commit and now that story comes out... Ouch.

Has he won yes, but is 7-5 and a less than stellar Big 10 conference record acceptable? He has had the two really good seasons, yes, but overall he has been 7-5 or worse more times than not in 13 seasons and the next couple years, well 6-6 will be a goal. I agree fully that Ferentz has done some wonderful things over 13 years, but lately what has he done and what will he do, you are at least 3 years away from even being competitive in the Big 10. Again Pat Harty said himself, Ferentz is heading down the path of Fry 2.0.

Okay this will be the last time I respond to you....I remember who you are and you are reading from the ISU hand book.

1st…Pat Harty is someone ISU fans have often lampooned yet now he is a shinning star…hmmmm?!

2nd….what you are saying here is what you hope. Desperately, with great anxt, "HOPE" will happen.

3rd….2 super seasons….really?!?!? You are aware I suppose Iowa has like the 16th best winning percentage in the nation since 2002. And of course you also know they’ve had 4, 10 win plus seasons, and a 9 win season (2 of those in the last 4 years) and are seemingly always in the game right?!?!?

4th…..This is college football and this is Iowa…ebb and flow, ebb and flow…..

5th…...so now we know for sure we are 3 years from being competitive in the Big 10, really?!?! And you know this how? No chance a team that has continually, let me say again, continually produced this kind of talent still has some?? …..and Iowa hasn’t “exceeded” expectations just as often as the other way around?!?! Your good buddy Pat Harty did another article on just that…..

Finally all this does is make you an ISU fan or rather a jealous rival fan. If the shoe was on the other foot we too would be excited about finishing 6-7 and beating Okie St…we’d also look past all the other potential pit falls and predict doom and gloom for our bitter rival…….

As it sits, we are one of the more affluent teams in the nation revenue wise and we are PO’d because we fished 8-5 and 7-6 back to back……

Anything else….

Last edited: