Cam Newton just dropped in the draft

Not a smart comment to make. Sidenote: I was confused by your headline because the article went on to say how Newton's status is rising and he may be the No. 1 overall pick.

His draft stock dropped because he said he wants to be an icon?

It's not like that is revealing anything worst then his past character flaws have shown. I'm pretty sure stealing a laptop hurt his resume,.... something like this is really not all that big of a deal.

Not a smart comment to make. Sidenote: I was confused by your headline because the article went on to say how Newton's status is rising and he may be the No. 1 overall pick.

agreed. It's a dumb comment, but it won't affect his draft status. I highly doubt he'll make it out of the top 10 and is most likely a top 5 pick.

agreed. It's a dumb comment, but it won't affect his draft status. I highly doubt he'll make it out of the top 10 and is most likely a top 5 pick.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't hurt his stock. He's putting the cart before the horse (and that comment really shows who he is, not his agent-written response). That's a sign that he feels like all he has to do is show up. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what you want from a franchise QB. He's not the first-in/last-out guy.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't hurt his stock. He's putting the cart before the horse (and that comment really shows who he is, not his agent-written response). That's a sign that he feels like all he has to do is show up. That is the exact OPPOSITE of what you want from a franchise QB. He's not the first-in/last-out guy.

There's still no way he falls out of the top 10. Too many teams in the top ten need a QB, this year's QB class is not very deep with first round talent, and his physical tools are far too enticing.

5 of the first ten teams in the draft could use a QB, 6 if you count the Bengals and a disgruntled Carson Palmer.

His comment, while stupid, will mean exactly dick come draft day.

There's still no way he falls out of the top 10. Too many teams in the top ten need a QB, this year's QB class is not very deep with first round talent, and his physical tools are far too enticing.

5 of the first ten teams in the draft could use a QB, 6 if you count the Bengals and a disgruntled Carson Palmer.

His comment, while stupid, will mean exactly dick come draft day.

You might be right. But I will enjoy watching NFL defenses wipe that cocky grin off of his face. The kid has 'bust' written all over him. Get your popcorn!

You might be right. But I will enjoy watching NFL defenses wipe that cocky grin off of his face. The kid has 'bust' written all over him. Get your popcorn!
This. He was the cockiest college football player I've seen. Always in the stands celebrating with that **** eating grin on his face.

The raiders will take him and he can live happily ever after

If there is but one man stupid enough to think that Newton can and will be a franchiz (I'm spelling it the way Cam would) QB, it is Al Davis (the Raiders were actually the one team I had in mind when lonoclone kept talking about how somebody in the top 10 will draft him).

Newton will be drafted by an organization that is poorly run, poorly scouted and consistently drafting in the top 10 of the first rd.
He wont work hard at being an NFL QB. Anyone that cheats college courses at FLA (lets be honest, you know he wasnt taking difficult courses his FR yr) doesnt really strike me as the successful NFL QB type.
He wont put in the necessary time it will take him to convert to a pro-style QB.
I saw his interview with the announcers at the Combine. He was talking about his difficulties making some of the throws in the drills and he would have to work hard to fix it. One of the announcers asked him if he had anyone working with him. He said, "my parents, friends, my agents and marketing people."
I almost choked to death, I was laughing so hard.

If there is but one man stupid enough to think that Newton can and will be a franchiz (I'm spelling it the way Cam would) QB, it is Al Davis (the Raiders were actually the one team I had in mind when lonoclone kept talking about how somebody in the top 10 will draft him).

You thought that despite the fact that the Raiders don't even have a top 10 pick this year? or even a first round pick? hmm.

Make no mistake, I think Cam Newton is going to be a very big bust, BUT he will still go very early in this draft.

You thought that despite the fact that the Raiders don't even have a top 10 pick this year? or even a first round pick? hmm.

Make no mistake, I think Cam Newton is going to be a very big bust, BUT he will still go very early in this draft.

So I don't pay close attention to the draft, certainly not to the Raiders. But they are regulars in the top 10.

Latest posts