Cajuns/Clowns

If you're just now getting around to quitting NFL, you're way behind the times, bruh. I quit that shit 4 or 5 years ago. The same league that would fine guys $10k for a shoelace were suddenly powerless to police behavior. Yeah right. And here's the thing - Kaepernick started kneeling because he lost his starting job and his fragile ego couldn't handle it so he was hoping to concoct a narrative that he was oppressed for his political beliefs.

I watch the Lions and Cowboys on T-giving and I'll watch the title games and Super Bowl. That's it. I think I watched the Rams-Chiefs regular season game a couple years ago. A stark change from when I used to watch almost every game on Sunday and Monday. When you quit watching NFL and then watch that one-off game again, you'll realize just how shitty the product has become. The dudes on defense are sofaking athletic that it's damned near impossible to run an offense anymore other than throwing it deep and praying for PI or a miracle catch. The play stoppages and extra commercials they've jammed into games are just too much. The announcers arguing over whether a 42 degree turn is enough to constitute a "football move" gets pretty nauseating. Here's a hint for the NFL - if your broadcast partners have to hire a "rules analyst" to fill dead time during your broadcasts, you ain't delivering a good product.

You know...I must have missed a memo from Trump not to watch the NFL. Hmmm...you guys have better information than me. See, I'm a fan...there's nothing political about the NFL games. 2 minutes of guys protesting REAL injustice doesn't bother me. Seems like a pretty short timeframe when you look at the whole game time.

I prefer to watch college...but I'll tell you...I watched and rooted for a Tom Brady led team yesterday for the first time in my life. I've spent 20 years wanting someone to take Brady's head off...now I'm rooting for Wirfs to protect him. I was having a hard time with that. Tristan Wirfs is going to be one of the best tackles to play the game. Against really good pass rushers...he didn't allow much. He's a house.

I'm late to the piling on party here but man did anyone else notice how the coaches quit in the 4th q of that game. They didn't even use their TOs on that last possession the Cajuns had to try and get the ball back. They burned off like the last 5 mins of the game. That was pathetic. I didn't see of coach was asked about that or not but dude threw in the towel with like 5 plus mins to go it seemed like.

Actually I never watch the NFL, havent missed a game yet this season. How about you skip the national anthem for each game if it bothers you so much?
I've never understood that whole part of all this. Like if there's something on tv I don't want to watch (usually it's commercials) I have a cool thing someone invented. They call it a remote and I can use it to change the channel or even shut it off. I don't even have to get off the couch to do it it's pretty nice.

I've never understood that whole part of all this. Like if there's something on tv I don't want to watch (usually it's commercials) I have a cool thing someone invented. They call it a remote and I can use it to change the channel or even shut it off. I don't even have to get off the couch to do it it's pretty nice.

I'm trying to get the hang of that remote control stuff. I still get up to change the channels, etc. I've heard there is this thing called VHS tape that will allow you to hold the movie/sporting event on a tape and watch it when you want. I'm sure you will get one of those remotes with that too...so you can skip through to the best sex scenes, ummm...I mean sports plays. This technology is really moving fast.

If you're just now getting around to quitting NFL, you're way behind the times, bruh. I quit that shit 4 or 5 years ago. The same league that would fine guys $10k for a shoelace were suddenly powerless to police behavior. Yeah right. And here's the thing - Kaepernick started kneeling because he lost his starting job and his fragile ego couldn't handle it so he was hoping to concoct a narrative that he was oppressed for his political beliefs.

I watch the Lions and Cowboys on T-giving and I'll watch the title games and Super Bowl. That's it. I think I watched the Rams-Chiefs regular season game a couple years ago. A stark change from when I used to watch almost every game on Sunday and Monday. When you quit watching NFL and then watch that one-off game again, you'll realize just how shitty the product has become. The dudes on defense are sofaking athletic that it's damned near impossible to run an offense anymore other than throwing it deep and praying for PI or a miracle catch. The play stoppages and extra commercials they've jammed into games are just too much. The announcers arguing over whether a 42 degree turn is enough to constitute a "football move" gets pretty nauseating. Here's a hint for the NFL - if your broadcast partners have to hire a "rules analyst" to fill dead time during your broadcasts, you ain't delivering a good product.
If the Kaepernick's of this world are going to exercise their liberty by protesting during the national anthem then I'm going to exercise mine by ignoring the NFL. Like you it's been 5 years since I've spent anytime watching the NFL. I spend too much time on college football and basketball to waste more on the NFL.

A
NFL games are way shorter than college games.

Roughly 12-15 minutes. Most of that is stopping the clock to move the 1st down markers. (roughly 40 1st downs/game). The NFL is also more likely to run the clock calling a player down by forward progress near the sideline rather than when he's subsequently pushed out of bounds (which stops the clock).

Last edited:
If the Kaepernick's of this world are going to exercise their liberty by protesting during the national anthem then I'm going to exercise mine by ignoring the NFL. Like you it's been 5 years since I've spent anytime watching the NFL. I spend too much time on college football and basketball to waste more on the NFL.

I'd say by the contracts these guys are signing...the league is really missing your revenue. LOL.

A

Roughly 12-15 minutes. Most of that is stopping the clock to move the 1st down markers. (roughly 40 1st downs/game). The NFL is also more likely to run the clock calling a player down on forward progress, rather than when he's subsequently pushed out of bounds (which stops the clock).

You have to remember I'm a Big 12 fan. The games are longer. Average NFL game is 3:12.

The Big 12, loaded with pass-happy spread coaches, leads Power-Five conferences in average duration of games at 3:36, with Texas Tech averaging 3:48 and Oklahoma State 3:47. Baylor was in fourth nationally (3:44) and Texas fifth (3:41), giving the Big 12 four of the top five teams with the longest average games.

Only one Big 12 team, Kansas State, matches the national average of 3:24.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports...2, loaded with,with the longest average games.

You have to remember I'm a Big 12 fan. The games are longer. Average NFL game is 3:12.

The Big 12, loaded with pass-happy spread coaches, leads Power-Five conferences in average duration of games at 3:36, with Texas Tech averaging 3:48 and Oklahoma State 3:47. Baylor was in fourth nationally (3:44) and Texas fifth (3:41), giving the Big 12 four of the top five teams with the longest average games.

Only one Big 12 team, Kansas State, matches the national average of 3:24.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/florida-gators/florida-state-seminoles/2017-08-05/it-s-about-time-college-football-steadily#:~:text=The Big 12, loaded with,with the longest average games.

I thought it was established this weekend that the Big 12 wasn't actually playing Power 5 football this year. Am I wrong?

Actually I never watch the NFL, havent missed a game yet this season. How about you skip the national anthem for each game if it bothers you so much?

I'm right there...absolutely love the NFL and the only games I couldn't watch were the ones on Fox because of a dispute between them and DISH Network. If I was going to turn my back on everything that was politically influenced I'd never leave the house. As you said support the players or don't but after the first 2 minutes the politics are replaced by what I consider a damn good product on the field.

I'm right there...absolutely love the NFL and the only games I couldn't watch were the ones on Fox because of a dispute between them and DISH Network. If I was going to turn my back on everything that was politically influenced I'd never leave the house. As you said support the players or don't but after the first 2 minutes the politics are replaced by what I consider a damn good product on the field.
True. In this case though, I guess I'll never understand how being against racism and discrimination are political issues. When people say they refuse to watch the NFL because "it has become to political" for example, it says to me that they are either for racism and discrimination or want to ignore them.

True. In this case though, I guess I'll never understand how being against racism and discrimination are political issues. When people say they refuse to watch the NFL because "it has become to political" for example, it says to me that they are either for racism and discrimination or want to ignore them.

True, I guess I threw them into the "political issue" category because they were made into political issues, but definitely don't see them as such. But IMO if someone doesn't want to support an organization where the employees want to take a stand then that's their choice, just as its the players choice to take a stand against racism. That said though, I hate hearing the talk that because of what's gone on the product has somehow been watered down and isn't the same game that it once was.

True, I guess I threw them into the "political issue" category because they were made into political issues, but definitely don't see them as such. But IMO if someone doesn't want to support an organization where the employees want to take a stand then that's their choice, just as its the players choice to take a stand against racism. That said though, I hate hearing the talk that because of what's gone on the product has somehow been watered down and isn't the same game that it once was.
Sorry, I wasn't directing my comment at you specifically ;) It's their choice of course, but I guess my question is more along the lines of what is their motive for that choice and why are they proud of that?

Latest posts