Caitlin Clark sweepstakes

I would like to see her try coaching. But I would never want her not to play if she wants to. I still think the NIL money at Iowa should prevail unless the WNBA can offer up something better. I have my doubts that they can. Once her college eligibility is used she can still earn a hefty salary playing pro or coaching if she wants.

I was thinking the same thing in terms of earning potential. I honestly think if her decision comes down to nothing more then making bank I think she comes back for another year. It'll be interesting to see how NIL plays into this, because I don't think WNBA money can touch what she's making off NIL here.

I was thinking the same thing in terms of earning potential. I honestly think if her decision comes down to nothing more then making bank I think she comes back for another year. It'll be interesting to see how NIL plays into this, because I don't think WNBA money can touch what she's making off NIL here.
btw.. Her new State Farm commercials are great. She's going to grow her NIL options over the next 6 months.

I used to think for the longterm of the program, she should go at the end of the season. I mean if you're a point guard, do you even look at Iowa? Then again, if you wanna play in front of thousands and feel the atmosphere...yah...you go to. Iowa.

Indiana Fever win the lottery.

If CMac is still employed by the Pacers that could be a swing factor............

Personally, I don't think $$$$$ will be the issue. State Farm and Nike will still be there plus some new ones I'd guess.

I feel it will come down to is she ready to go pro, play at that level. Other than a natty what does she have left to prove at the college level?

The WNBA wants/needs Catlin Clark.

Indiana Fever win the lottery.

Of CMac is still employed by the Pacers that could be a swing factor............

Personally, I don't think $$$$$ will be the issue. State Farm and Nike will still be there plus some new ones I'd guess.

I feel it will come down to is she ready to go pro, play at that level. Other than a natty what does she have left to prove at the college level?

Well, ahe has made 100x more than she ever expected to earn while in college as she was growing up. Not sure what that means or not to her.

I think the WNBA will find a way to pay her and see if if they can translate her into ticket sales and eyeballs. The closer to Iowa they can land her, the better.

Did Chloe Peterson move to Indiana to be a sportswriter anticipating Caitliln Clark would be coming there as the #1 pick? Maybe so............

Here might be a reason for CC to come back. Pistol Pete Maravich is the all-time leading Div 1 scoring leader with 3667 points.He averaged 44 pts/game and did it in 3 years. Caitlin could become the top scorer men's or women's but, hen, she could pass that this year.

Caitlin will become the leading native Iowan scoring leader, men's or women's, shortly after passing Doug McDermot's 3150 points scored at Creighton.

I would anticipate the Fever keep their #11 pick but there have been instances where teams have traded the #1 pick in the WNBA. Plus, January thru March is the WNBA free agency period so teams have a pretty good idea what their rosters will look like when the draft takes place. So, there will be lots of change before the draft.

I'd bet Minnesota would dearly love to have Caitlin, have all the Hawkeye fans driving up I-35 to the game. Nah, won't happen...........

I think the deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day. (Sorry for the Warren Zevon reference, I love that song)....

I'm going to go ahead and put on my tinfoil hat here. I think this Gatorade deal only comes out now with Gatorade, the WNBA, Clark, Clark's management, and whatever team is going to call dibs are all on the same page and know exactly what's going to happen immediately following the NCAA season.

I think the WNBA is willing to fork out a TON of money gambling that the Clark effect will work even to some small percentage. A small percentage for them, is a metric butt ton of money. If they improve TV numbers by 1%, that translates into explicit dollars. There's very much a feel to this Gatorade commercial as "WNBA", not college basketball.

They have the potential of adding 3-4 of the most well known female basketball players to the WNBA this draft....because they either beat....or didn't beat Clark. I (along with loads of other people) would not know who Reese or Bueckers, or Van Lith, et. al.....were, if it wasn't for Clark. After next year, my knowledge of WNBA players will essentially quadruple (or more).

Dunno if it'll ultimately work for the WNBA. But it's sure as shift their best shot.

Last edited:
Would playing with Aliyah Boston be an incentive, detractor, or have no effect on her decision?

I would think huge incentive. Clark is at her best with a dominant post, and Boston kicks ass on both ends. Great teammate, too, by all accounts.

I think the deal was made in Denmark on a dark and stormy day. (Sorry for the Warren Zevon reference, I love that song)....

Speaking of Denmark on a dark and stormy day........hey, you started it but has anyone read Jussi Adler-Olsen's Dept Q series? it's one of the best, set in Denmark with many dark and stormy days........
OK, back to CC and the dealers now...........

If Clark really wants to maximize her earning potential, the smartest play would be to come back for another year, but transfer to a school with deep pockets in a larger metro area. Her NIL earnings could be much higher than what she is getting at Iowa. I dont want this to happen, but it would make economic sense for her.

She’s bigger than the entire WNBA and shouldn’t even go that route. Stay the last year then figure out how to capitalize on the celebrity. She will be less famous if she goes to the WNBA.

If Clark really wants to maximize her earning potential, the smartest play would be to come back for another year, but transfer to a school with deep pockets in a larger metro area. Her NIL earnings could be much higher than what she is getting at Iowa. I dont want this to happen, but it would make economic sense for her.

Short term yes but long term it would hurt her image. Her money is going to come from image not salary for a wnba team.

She’s bigger than the entire WNBA and shouldn’t even go that route. Stay the last year then figure out how to capitalize on the celebrity. She will be less famous if she goes to the WNBA.
Please explain how she can monetize her fame (she is famous for playing basketball), if she is not going to play basketball. I have seen the state farm adds. She won't be taking up acting.

Short term yes but long term it would hurt her image. Her money is going to come from image not salary for a wnba team.
It would hurt her image in iowa, but the people who buy advertising don't for the most part live in Iowa, so I think you are overstating any negative financial impact.

Latest posts