Bye weeks are dumb

First weekend of bow season this weekend. I'm not going to complain about not having to get out of the stand to go watch the game.

I don't mind bye weeks. But I agree that having one on the opening week of conference play is stupid.

I'm pretty excited for this Bye week.

Comes at a perfect time for the team. And, I'm heading up to Grand Rapids Saturday.

I've already made good use of next year's Bye week too.. I'm getting married on it.

As a fan, I no likey the bye week. However, I think it will be good for the team.

Here in the People's Republic of Madison, folks are gearing up for the Becky vs. Bugeater convention this weekend. Much drunkenness.

I'm OK with it. Time to get some much needed yardwork caught up and will possibly go to Ames and cheer on the Longhorns.

No Iowa game sucks but there are plenty of good games this week to keep me occupied.

I'm OK with it. Time to get some much needed yardwork caught up and will possibly go to Ames and cheer on the Longhorns.

I'm sure Iowa State University would appreciate your money. That's assuming that you can find a ticket because contrary to popular belief, ISU doesn't in fact need Iowa, UNI or Nebraska to sell out. Weird. I know.

I'm sure Iowa State University would appreciate your money. That's assuming that you can find a ticket because contrary to popular belief, ISU doesn't in fact need Iowa, UNI or Nebraska to sell out. Weird. I know.

Weird to use a Texas game as your argument to support this notion. They are kind of one of the most popular and well recognize programs in the nation and they haven't played at Iowa State often.

The only thing I like about having a bye week this week is the fact that it will set the tone for the Big Ten season and dictate who's in the drivers seat. While technically having the week off, we could, depending on the outcome of some of the games, improve our position within the division and gain momentum without actually stepping onto the field. Couldn't ask for a much better start if Nebraska and MSU lose to start off the year at 0-1.

Everyone should have the same bye week. Decide which week 4-6 and everybody shuts down at the same time. Otherwise drop it altogether.

I'd rather have the bye now going into conference play. The hawks have somewhat of an identity now and can work on it for 2 weeks preparing Penn State. Now if we get on a roll in conference play, we can keep it going. Plus, the one Saturday obligation I have falls on this week:)

Everyone should have the same bye week. Decide which week 4-6 and everybody shuts down at the same time. Otherwise drop it altogether.

They already do that for longer than a week. It's called the off season. Why would you want to go a whole weekend with no college football?

Yet here is the top ten largest crowds at ISU and all seem to be Iowa, UNI and Nebraska. That is strange, very strange indeed. Oh and the largest crowds(top 6) the last 3 years have been against ............wait for it..........you guessed it Iowa, UNI, Nebraska and ARMY :rolleyes:
Largest Home Crowds
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light][FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]1. 56,795 vs. Northern Iowa, 2007 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]2. 55,518 vs. Northern Iowa, 2006 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]3. 55,338 vs. Nebraska, 2006 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]4. 54,475 vs. Nebraska, 1990 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]5. 54,469 vs. Iowa, 1991 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]6. 54,458 vs. Iowa, 1989 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]7. 54,290 vs. Iowa, 2005 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]8. 54,101 vs. Iowa, 1987 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]9. 54,066 vs. Iowa, 1983 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]10. 53,922 vs. Iowa, 1981 [/FONT]
[/FONT]

1) How do you know he doesn't already have a ticket?
2) How do you know he even paid for a ticket?
3) If ISU was 0-3 or 1-2 do you honestly think 55,000 would be there Saturday night?

every team as a bye week, the bye for some come at a very good time, it also the the chance to catch up on the little things and get them straightened out, minor injuries or major ones like McCall to get healed

Latest posts