Bye Bye Ladell Betts

RADMAN

Washington just released Ladell and a couple of the other veteran players. I guess they are reshaping the team. Ladell will land somewhere. He has been productive the last couple years.

San Diego would be a possibility. They will be looking for a veteran back to balance out the likelihood they will be taking a RB in the draft. I could also see him going to about 10 other teams, but that certainly is a team with a major need. Another one could be the Jets. How about Ladell backing up Greene?!

I like Betts to the Jets. He would give them that proven backup without having to pay too much for him since they already have a good 1-2.

I like Betts to the Jets. He would give them that proven backup without having to pay too much for him since they already have a good 1-2.

It really makes a lot of sense. Greene is known to get injured. And, they don't need another scatback/3rd down back because Leon Washington will be returning. And, they love to run smash mouth football. That's Ladell's game!

How old is Betts? 30 maybe 31 years of age. He might have some tread left on tire, if he does its not much. IMO, there are other viable options, unless you can get Betts extremely cheap and on a one or two year deal.

I don't think it's a given he lands somewhere. Yes he has relatively low miles but he is in his 30's comming off knee reconstruction surgery and plays the position with the most depth in the league.

RB's typically take about 18 mos to really recover from that kind of surgery and I don't see to many 32 year old RB's in the league. There is a good chance he's done.

How old is Betts? 30 maybe 31 years of age. He might have some tread left on tire, if he does its not much. IMO, there are other viable options, unless you can get Betts extremely cheap and on a one or two year deal.

Why would anybody sign a guy that is comming of surgery to repair the MCL and ACL in his left knee when there's healthy players on the market?

I don't think it's a given he lands somewhere. Yes he has relatively low miles but he is in his 30's comming off knee reconstruction surgery and plays the position with the most depth in the league.

RB's typically take about 18 mos to really recover from that kind of surgery and I don't see to many 32 year old RB's in the league. There is a good chance he's done.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Exactly.

Good luck to Ladell on his future endeavors.

Jets have Leon Washington. Doubtful they get a veteran. probably draft a back in the late rounds to be the third guy

The Jets are talking about re-signing Thomas Jones apparently... at least that is the text message I received today.

I would love to see betts go and join McCoy in Philadelphia... the eagles need another running back that can catch the ball out of the backfield since losing westbrook.

Latest posts